Where's the love for Apple's ITUNES app?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by throwbookatface, Aug 22, 2009.

1. throwbookatface macrumors member

Jul 30, 2009
    Did a quick search but I didn't see any threads on the official iTunes app. Even though I don't buy too much music from this app, I still think it's one of the best and well-designed apps out there. This is why I love it:

1) Seamless integration wih iTunes, the syncing computer, and other apps like Shazam, YouTube, etc. Of course, Apple enjoys a lot of first party privileges here, but it makes for a good user experience.

2) Multiple media types for download. As a counter-example, Apple TV can buy all this, but I find it pretty useless when I can do it on my iPhone when I need it. I buy movies and shows on DVD or Blu-Ray but when I've rented movies for three bucks before an airplane flight, it's been so great. Slingbox and such are amazing as well, but I also won't hesitate to rent or even buy some TV shows on iTunes again.

3) Since podcasts are free, iTunes can stream them to me, even over 3G. I really enjoy mobile streaming on the way to work.

Any other good (or bad) experiences with the iTunes app? one thing I noticed is that I only see a limited amount of movies on there, and it'd be great to see a complete catalog. You can get most any song on iTunes, but since the movie catalog is limited I'd like a better way to browse options besides a "recently added" list and a search.
  2. iGuardian macrumors 6502a

Aug 26, 2008
    I've got love for the iTunes app.

Let's me watch/listen to my favourite podcasts when away from home and a proper computer.

I don't buy music from the mobile app though.
  3. Resist macrumors 68030

Jan 15, 2008
    Not sure what you mean by "official iTunes App". I can't find anything like this in the iTunes App store. Unless you are talking about the iPhone's App Store app, that comes with the iPhone.
  4. nickrinaldi macrumors regular

Jul 21, 2009
    i believe he is talking about the itunes app on the iphone. i do not use it to buy music but i do really like that i can search and watch or listen to podcasts from the app by streaming them instead of downloading and subscribing to them.
  5. throwbookatface thread starter macrumors member

Jul 30, 2009
    he's got it.
  6. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

Feb 2, 2009
    It's a great app. It's lead to me buying a lot more music than I have in the past because of the convience. "Shazaming" a song that's playing near you, going to iTunes, and downloading. That's worth $1.29 to me.

I only wish I could set it to remember my password.