wheres the .mac love?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by speakerwizard, Mar 7, 2008.

1. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

Exchange server is here but what about apples own service? .mac could also have push and wireless calendar sync etc, how long do ya think untill apple adds these? this is just speculation, im sure there would be a big infrastructure to put in place.

2. TXCraig macrumors 6502a

TXCraig

Since none of these applications are server based- I'd say your will be waiting a while for them to change a desktop application to update your phone. Are you going to have all these applications running on your mac all the time so the system can sync to them?

The exchange sync is going to give RIM a run for their money. By eliminating their servers and going direct from Exchange to the phone- it could save customers lots in monthly fees and hardware maint costs.

3. ert3 macrumors 6502a

ert3

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 8gb: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

yeah .mac is apple in house only. Yes you can setup groups but its a far step from exhange.

At best I would expect support for iDisk and maybe wireless backup.

Really though what posses me off is the fact regular people have little use of VPN and exchange functions.

Why pander only to the big business demo graphic.

I remember using my old smart phone to write on the go but bow I need my laptop as the iPhone lacks that entirely.

Why no todo lists?

Where is iWork mobile?

I mean all the 2.0 features are cool but they have so few use for me as a garage writer.

4. speakerwizard thread starter macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

lets hope they held back some new apps of their own for the release or dev conference.

5. big_malk macrumors 6502a

There's not much need for push contacts/calendar for the average Joe, but push email for .Mac would be great