Wheres the mini refresh

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by hotshotharry, Oct 15, 2008.

1. hotshotharry macrumors 6502

All I have to say is Booo! lol

I was hoping the mini would get the same specs (as the macbook alum) :) i would love a new mini with a new video card and 2.4ghz processor ! :)

Perhaps it will be secretly updated or have a significant price drop ! at least 200 bucks :)

2. G5power macrumors 6502

All I can say is that the mini lived - to suffer another day (or months) without upgrades.

3. sananda macrumors 68020

so that it was better than the entry level macbook?

4. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

Maybe Apple is waiting for Mac OS 11 or 12 to release the next Mini:D

Why should they update the Mini they have got to be making massive profit margins on those suckers now (this can be interpreted as the buyers or the Mini)? Maybe they are waiting for MacWorld or Nehelem.

I am hoping that they are planning to replace the Mini with a regular desktop:p. Using cheaper desktop components and at least one PCI-e 2.0 x16 slot and one PCI-e x1 slot.

5. theamazingkazoo macrumors newbie

Gawd I hope not. It's apples only media centre PC they do. I have sold my mini hoping they would have replaced / updated it by now. I have a space under my telly next to my 360 and ps3 waiting for it. Some how I don't think a desktop would fit in there. And to me the apple TV is just a white elephant. It's just to limited for my needs. And the 360 or ps3 does the same if not better >_<

6. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

They could do the desktop in a form factor like a stereo receiver. I personally can not stand it when Home entertainment components are not the roughly the same width and depth making them stack able. Glares angrily at tiny cable box. It just looks weird seeing a small device on a shelf in the AV rack.

7. Enigmafan420 macrumors 6502a

Enigmafan420

Mini with Geforce Chipset

Would LOVE to see the Macbook chipset in a new mini-Since they are made with the same components as the Macbook-this should be SIMPLE as well as a no-brainer-I really DO NOT NEED another Macbook, but would be happy to shell out $800 for the new Macbook without display and battery (AKA Mini). :D

8. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Unless you categorize the Mac Mini as a laptop, you were hoping for the impossible. Apple specifically announced it as a LAPTOP/NOTEBOOK event.

9. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

MWSF. ill put money on it. the mac pro and mac mini will see a complete refresh to bring it in line. and the imac will get a speed bump

also new black on aluminum keyboards.

10. bearcatrp macrumors 68000

My guess is the apple tv and mac mini will merge into a home entertainment system. MWSF will be the time and place to announce it.

11. Techguy172 macrumors 68000

I think it would be cool if apple announced a new mini, perhaps something to replace it. They could announce one with a more powerful graphics card than the macbook and also more games at the same time. Maybe sims 3 and a few others. It could be the new Multimedia and games computer from apple. Buy this and there new Cinema display and then you would be set.

12. rillo macrumors member

rillo

Hopefully in November, I've been waiting as well.

13. brand macrumors 601

brand

If your buying both a Mac Mini and the new Cinema display you could just buy an iMac.

PS. I fixed the spelling for you.

14. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

I can see Apple ignoring our requests of an xMac and make a really really small Mac Mini with laptop parts.

Of course, price will probably stay the same, unfortunately.

MacWorld 2009 or February or it dies.

15. Courtaj macrumors 6502a

Courtaj

Um, the mini is already made with laptop parts.

16. polar-blair macrumors regular

I think MWSF will announce the long awaited and needed update for the mini, bringing it inline with the current line of aluminum and Black bits, also with the new micro Display port like the new MB's so it is compatible with the new displays. A new mac pro, same again, maybe no iMAc styling but new micro display port. Hopefully apple TV update into a gaming platform (we can all dream) Also more options for display 20" and 30".

17. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

This I know, for some reason I mentioned it like it never existed LOL.

I am disappointed in how Apple treats the Mini.

Not even a price cut...

The Mini should start at $399, make it more affordable, make smaller more affordable LED cinema displays for it. Include the keyboard and mouse at a cheaper price.

The Mini has a lot of potential but apple doesn't care.

I envision the same $600 mac mini, slight speed bump, 9400 graphics, still uber-expensive hardware as usual. :(