wheres the panic button? (itunes transfer lost songs)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by The Final Cut, Jun 9, 2011.

1. The Final Cut macrumors 6502

ok so im kind of nervous. just transferred 85gb itunes library from external HDD to new imac. for a few hours everything is fine. then i randomly go to one of my favorite albums and several of the songs cannot be located, they are missing. i have deleted the library and am recopying from the hdd. is there a script that can detect whats on the song list library but not in the itunes media folder? i have no idea how this could happen if the transfer showed no errors.:(

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Doug's AppleScripts for iTunes is a great resource for managing your iTunes tags and files.

List MIAs v1.2

3. The Final Cut, Jun 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2011

The Final Cut thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks for that, 41 tracks missing. and they seem to be all out of the main music folder in the itunes folder (i have no idea why...) i am going to manually transfer them i guess. wonder why they were never in the main folder if itunes is set to do that automatically.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Just delete them from iTunes, but keep the files. Then add them to iTunes again.