Whether to but ipod classic?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by crazymee184, Sep 2, 2008.

  1. crazymee184 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2008
    #1
    hey guys...
    i am new here so pardon me if i have posted in the wrong topic....
    my old ipod which is the ipod video 30gb which i bought slightly more than a year ago has spoilt and i was deciding to buy a new one...
    i was considering the ipod classic 80gb but i think since there is an apple event nxt wk, i was thinking whether a new ipod 'classic' is coming out, so i'd better wait for it then consider buying... since the price of the old ipod classic 80gb price will drop... so any advice whether i shld wait after the event of go buy a ipod classic now? i am confused also since is it really worth it?
     
  2. bassanoclapper macrumors 6502

    bassanoclapper

    Joined:
    Mar 4, 2008
    Location:
    London
    #2
    The only thing you have to lose is a week without an iPod

    See what the new line-up brings or buy a Classic next week from the refurb store if you don't like the new options
     
  3. JML42691 macrumors 68020

    JML42691

    Joined:
    Oct 24, 2007
    #3
    Just wait a week, nobody truly knows for sure what next week's event will bring, but it will probably bring at least some small changes to every device. So you should wait a week before buying a new iPod, there probably won't be any major changes to the iPod classic, but there will probably be some small changes that will make waiting worth it.

    And in the future try the MacRumors Buyers Guide, it has recommendations for most Apple products based on Apple's average timing between updates. It will always give you the basic idea of if to wait or not.

    Welcome to the forums!! :)
     
  4. chazz123 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jul 7, 2008
    #4
    DO NOT SELL!!!! Apple is having an event to upgrade all the ipods next week
     
  5. Scepticalscribe Contributor

    Scepticalscribe

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2008
    Location:
    The Far Horizon
    #5
    Usually, with threads such as this, I advise posters to buy if they need it, or wait if they don't. On this occasion, with an update to the discussed product flagged so strongly in advance, I'd suggest waiting a week. As all of the previous posters have suggested, and I agree with them, wait for the updates, and if you don't care for them, buy one of the discontinued models as a refurb; a reasonably generous discount will most likely apply, too.

    Cheers and good luck
     
  6. crazymee184 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2008
    #6
    hey guys i am now really confused(once again) of whether to buy one or not. the refurbished model of 80gb and 160gb is priced at 268 and 418 (singapore) dollars respectively and the new 120gb is at 398. so now i am deciding which one to buy. i have a library of 16gb and its still growing. i have a budget of best less than 400 dollars and now i am deciding on the 80gb refurbished one(the price has rally dropped a lot!) and thus i need the advice from u all... tks!
     
  7. eXan macrumors 601

    eXan

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2005
    Location:
    Russia
    #7
    If you only have 16 GB I don't see a point of getting anything more than 80GB. Depending on how fast your library grows, it can take many, many years till those 80 GBs will fill.
     
  8. zer0tails macrumors 65816

    zer0tails

    Joined:
    Mar 23, 2008
    Location:
    Canada
    #8
    I'll definitely go for the 160 GB model. They don't make them like that anymore:cool:
     

Share This Page