Whew! They accepted my return for Touch 4g!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bufflehead, Oct 4, 2010.

1. bufflehead macrumors newbie

I ordered the Touch on Sep 8. It was engraved. I left the country for two weeks and its been a week since I opened the Touch. Great little device but my God the photo camera sucks. Its worse than the iPhone 3G.

Anyway, went to the Genuis bar today just to get an okay that the camera isn't faulty. They said the camera is good but the screen is so much better that the pictures look bad....whatever. I asked if they could take it back. He checked and said that it's been past 14 days so NO.

I got home, call Apple and tell them I want to return it. No questions asked! Caveat, 10% restocking fee. I got a good deal considering it was past 14 days and it was engraved.

Whew! Hopefully the next iPod Touch has a decent camera.

2. PlanetarySoup macrumors member

PlanetarySoup

yep, i did the same thing....i got the Touch, but the camera was soooo bad, i returned it 3 days later.....now i'm upgrading to the iPhone 4, which actually has a decent camera! Cant wait till october 29th!!!!:D

3. briguy2186 macrumors newbie

October 24th

What happens on the 24th? Is that when yours arrives?

4. dave1812dave macrumors 6502a

of course the camera sucks!! it's .7MP. Weren't you aware of that at the time of order?

5. Brradley macrumors member

Oh, Apple are going to be so annoyed.

6. bufflehead thread starter macrumors newbie

Are you kidding?? .7MP? Wow. I had no idea. I should have read the specs before I bought into the hype.

7. unb3k4nn7 macrumors newbie

lol people maybe, but i think thats just the sane man in me talking, maybe get a FREAKING CAMERA???

8. bufflehead thread starter macrumors newbie

Huh? I have three point and shoot cameras and one DSLR camera. I bought the Touch because it's all in one device. I don't want super 1080p pictures on the Touch but .7MP? I don't think so.

9. Firestar macrumors 68020

Firestar

Yep. And now the only reasons I'm going to get a 4G is the Retina, Gyroscope and Gamecenter. Thanks a lot Apple!

10. Abscissa macrumors regular

The iPod takes pictures in like 720p at least, because all 720p or 1080p is a pixel count. But the size of pictures, the MP doesn't have much to do with quality, to a point at least.

11. Lostanddamned macrumors 6502a

Lostanddamned

720p is equal to 1280x720 pixels, which when you work it out is .9MP, so I'm not sure what is going on there...

12. bufflehead thread starter macrumors newbie

For optimal Retina Display experience, it is recommended to take off your rose colored glasses.

13. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

HYPE from who? Did Steve Jobs said it's the best camera ever?

Either someone is blind or someone is clueless on how to properly utilize a camera.

Some iPod touch photos.
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1011021

14. bufflehead thread starter macrumors newbie

Must be my lucky day. I called back after my brother told me they sometimes wave the restocking fee. I called again and talked my way out of the stocking fee. All he asked for was the tracking number from the package I sent to them today. Whew indeed!