Which 128 SSD drive offered in CTO MBP 15"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by maan01, Mar 23, 2009.

1. maan01 macrumors newbie

Which 128 SSD drive is in MBP 15", haven¨t been able to find that info.

So can anyone informe me which brand an model been used? Also is the CTO option good Value, or should I pursue it other places (live in europe)

Thanks

2. RKpro macrumors 6502

I've never seen one, but I think I've read somewhere they use Samsung SSDs. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

But I do know, they are not using Intel's X25 or OCZ's Vertex SSDs which are the fastest ones currently available.

3. bossxii macrumors 68000

I think you are correct about the Samsung SSD's in the UMBP's. X25-M from Intel performs very well and the OCZ Vertex seems to be getting great reviews as well. Now if they just drop in price a bit :)

4. schreck macrumors regular

TITCR

5. tubbymac macrumors 65816

tubbymac

Apple uses the Samsung MLC SSD for the 128 gig CTO. This is the "previous generation" drive as Samsung is moving to a new controller in their newer 256 gig model, which should then trickle down to the other models as well.

Buying it from Apple will be more expensive than doing it yourself. You can buy the same drive from Corsair. Look for the Corsair 128 gig SSD. It's the same one Apple uses and you will save yourself a few hundred dollars.