Which 13 inch to buy?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mack11, Jun 18, 2012.

1. mack11 macrumors newbie

I want to buy a MacBook Pro in India. Currently the price for following 13 inch models is same.
    1. MacBook Pro 13" late 2011 Core i7 2.8 GHz (Sandy Bridge)
    2. MacBook Pro 13" mid 2012 Core i5 2.5 GHz (Ivy Bridge)
    However Geekbench test on macrumors show that late 13" model has better score than the new MacBook Pro.
    These 2 are the only options in my budget and I don't want to buy MacBook Air. This will be my only computer and I will be using it extensively for coding, browsing and watching movies.
    Which one should I buy?

2. mad-jamie16 macrumors regular

I dont understand why people say they are on a budget and then decide to get the most expensive laptop they can.

3. Stetrain macrumors 68040

Either of those should handle your needs just fine. The 2012 model has USB 3 and a better Intel graphics processor. For the same money I would take the 2012.

Any particular reason why you don't want an Air? It will be faster in day to day tasks because of the SSD and it has a higher resolution screen.

4. Adidas Addict macrumors 65816

Adidas Addict

Not many people are budget-free, why wouldn't he want the best he can get for the money he has?

5. Blu-Ray macrumors regular

Outside of the 1% (and even most of them) are on some kind of budget. :rolleyes:

His budget is within one of the two laptops that he listed - I'm interested to see what people think too.

6. mack11 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for that.
    Even though I didn't mention but I do use my laptop for video encoding with handbrake and sometime casual gaming. I have heard from many sources that even though Air is faster for daily use, it really heats up during extensive cpu use. Also I would like to upgrade my RAM in future if needed. And 128 gig is a very small storage for me. And the upgraded versions are way more costly here.
    That's what I think. What do you think?

----------

:confused:. because many people don't have signature like

27" Quad Core i5 iMac, 64GB iPhone 4S, 64GB iPad 3rd gen .

but still love the Apple products and want to buy one. That's why the budget comes into picture.:)

7. Stetrain macrumors 68040

The 13" MBP will give you a bit of a performance edge over the Air, and it should run a tad cooler. You could always upgrade it yourself with an SSD in the future to get that performance boost.