Which 13" rMBP would you pick?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Martylaa, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Martylaa macrumors member

Looking to buy a rMBP 13" and I need one for the end of the month

1st one is to but a 13" from Apple the 128GB base model for £1050 with the student discount and £70 gift card

2nd one is same but go for the 256GB model from Apple for £1250 with a £70 gift card.

Last one is a second hand 2012 Dec model which is 128GB and has a additional warranty and sleeve and is barely used for £835.00.

Which would you get?

2. sohaloh macrumors regular

I'd go with the 2nd one. Haha just cuz I bought the same one a week ago. It cost me 1800$ with tax dunno how that converts into pounds. I also had a hundred dollar student discount. I dunno, there was a slight spec bump with the 2013 models and theres also the issue with screen ghosting and other SSD's in the older models. I have both samsung SSD and display. No issues yet. I've been doing tonnes of stuff on my computer including playing the newest games at highest graphics. Unless you're short of money go for the 256 GB. 128 GB is too little nowadays considering the amount of apps and music an average person has on the harddrive.

3. cledet macrumors regular

cledet

Go with the 2nd option. Can't go wrong with more storage.

4. Dr. Stealth macrumors 6502

Bought one today. 3.0GHz , 512GB model.... I'm loving it !!!!

5. cledet macrumors regular

cledet

Nice! Went all out huh? :D

6. tecknik1 macrumors member

I got the 2.6ghz & 256 SSD yesterday and loving it has well. Calibrated the screen and it,s SWEETTT:D

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Another vote for more storage. I found the 128gb sad that I added to my 2010 MBP to be quite limiting. So much so, when ordering the rMBP last year I went with the 256gb option.

8. ValSalva macrumors 68040

ValSalva

Just curious, how did you calibrate your display? What did you use? Thanks :)

9. tecknik1 macrumors member

I just went into systems setting (display) and used the calibration with expert mode. Follow instructions and played with the white intill I got the desired result. I did it 3 times before I was happy.