Which 13" RPro or Air

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by harleymhs, Nov 3, 2012.

1. harleymhs macrumors 6502

Hey guys... Im selling my 11" Air to go to a 13" ( tired of this battery life on the 11") confused which way to go.. I know the 13 rPro is slimmer now and faster than the 13 Air.. My concern is Battery life, both say 7 hour... Havnt seen the NEW pro yet to see how thin it is with out the drive... Any help would be nice! Also I have a DVD Superdrive that I bought a while ago, I know they only used to work with the AIR's will my old Superdrive work with the New rPro ?? Or do I need to buy a newer USB superdrive? thanks!

2. 0x000000 macrumors 6502

There's like a gazillion topics, reviews and battery tests that could have answered this, don't be so lazy ;)

I dont know about the SuperDrive but I suppose it works?

3. harleymhs thread starter macrumors 6502

Nice Now IM LAZY! and u are nasty... thanks for your kind words and ALL you HELP!

----------

Note to everyone>.. Do not reply to this post!

4. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

13" retina is overpriced for its specs: $1700 for integrated graphics and a 128 gb drive. Get it only if you HAVE to have a retina in a 13" form drive.

I'd either go with the 13" MBA if you can live without a retina display, or pony up the extra cash for the 15" retina. For a 15" laptop, it's pretty thin and light.

5. mankar4 macrumors 6502a

mankar4

I love my 13" rmbp. I like it way more than my 2012 MBA. Using it at the 1680X1050 resolution makes the MBA feel like a comic book. The 15" had too large a footprint for me. The Air is an awesome computer though, if budget is playing a role in your decision. The superdrive should work with both.

6. Tanax macrumors 6502a

Woke up on the wrong side today, eh? Don't be such a jerk.
    He just told you to search for it, you could quite simply have replied with "I've already searched and couldn't find anything relevant".

7. glhughes macrumors regular

Agree with this. Coming from 2010 MBAir to a 13" rMBP and the screen resolution is just amazing. The screen on the MBAir looks like a toy (and I originally bought the Air because it had a great screen compared to the 2010 13" and 15"). Looking at the 15" retina and non-retina 15" MBPs side-by-side in the store was also hilarious. The improved screen resolution is definitely worth the price.

I had the same experience with the iPhone 3GS -> 4 -- just can't go back from a 200+ dpi screen.

BTW, I can confirm that the superdrive I got with the MBAir does work on the rMBP.