Which 15' Mac Pro For Me ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ryanlegweak, May 15, 2012.

1. ryanlegweak macrumors newbie

Basically I am a current windows user but want to get a macbook pro at a decent price. I as fairly certain i am going to get a refurbished one from apple cause im skint.

I wasnt sure whether to get :

1) 2.0 ghz (feb 2011)
    2) 2.2 ghz

Im a DJ so would be running DJ programs as well as using the macbook for university study. Ive heard that the 2.2ghz (apart form only being slightly faster)is only really beneficial if your looking for better graphics which i dont really care about. So would i be better off going for the cheaper 2.0 ghz?

Also do refurbished macbooks come with the original or most recent OS as i would consider waiting until the new Lion came out if this was the case .

Finally are there any new macbooks on the horizon? Would i be better waiting till a new one is release to get one of these models for cheaper???

Please help, Thanks

2. Stetrain macrumors 68040

New Macbook Pros are expected to be announced at WWDC according to multiple sources, that's June 11. If you wait until then you might get a really good deal on a refurbished early 2011 model.

Like you've pretty much worked out I think the base 2.0Ghz model would be fine if you don't need the extra GPU (graphics) and processor power. It seems like the ones with the higher end GPUs run hotter as well.

Refurbished models almost always come with the latest version of OSX (and if they don't have it installed already I think they're eligible for a free upgrade), so it may be worth waiting for that as well. Definitely go with a refurbished model, they're usually great deals and you still get the same warranty coverage as a new one.