Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ryanlegweak

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2012
Basically I am a current windows user but want to get a macbook pro at a decent price. I as fairly certain i am going to get a refurbished one from apple cause im skint.

I wasnt sure whether to get :

1) 2.0 ghz (feb 2011)
2) 2.2 ghz

Im a DJ so would be running DJ programs as well as using the macbook for university study. Ive heard that the 2.2ghz (apart form only being slightly faster)is only really beneficial if your looking for better graphics which i dont really care about. So would i be better off going for the cheaper 2.0 ghz? :confused:

Also do refurbished macbooks come with the original or most recent OS as i would consider waiting until the new Lion came out if this was the case .:confused:

Finally are there any new macbooks on the horizon? Would i be better waiting till a new one is release to get one of these models for cheaper??? :confused:

Please help, Thanks :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 28, 2010
located
Basically I am a current windows user but want to get a mac pro at a decent price. I as fairly certain i am going to get a refurbished one from apple cause im skint.

I wasnt sure whether to get :

1) 2.0 ghz (feb 2011)
2) 2.2 ghz

Im a DJ so would be running DJ programs as well as using the macbook for university study. Ive heard that the 2.2ghz (apart form only being slightly faster)is only really beneficial if your looking for better graphics which i dont really care about. So would i be better off going for the cheaper 2.0 ghz? :confused:
The 2.0 GHz MacBook Pro model will suffice your needs, depending on the application. The extra 200 MHz will not be that much faster.

Also do refurbished macbooks come with the original or most recent OS as i would consider waiting until the new Lion came out if this was the case .:confused:
Depends on the offer. Some come with Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, some have Mac OS X 10.7 Lion installed.

Finally are there any new macbooks on the horizon? Would i be better waiting till a new one is release to get one of these models for cheaper??? :confused:
Yes, new MacBook Pros are on the horizon, but it will take three to four months after they have been released to have those new models appear in the Refurbished Section of the Apple Online Store.

And just out of curiosity, why did you post this in the "Mac Pro" sub-forum and used "Mac Pro" in your thread title? It seems to happen at least once a week, but I never asked how this can happen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.