Which 15" MacBook Pro Is Right For The Task?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dvk, May 26, 2010.

1. dvk macrumors newbie

If I mostly want to use a 15" Macbook Pro for web related activities, investing, Netflix movies, email, must run Java quickly -- which 15" would be best (and why): 2.4Ghz w/4GB Memory, 2.4Ghz w/8GB Memory, 2.53Ghz w/4GB Memory, 2.66Ghz w/4GB Memory -- in other words is Ram or processor speed more important?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

For strictly web browsing, even the slowest processor and 4GB of RAM would more than suffice. Unless you're doing very CPU intensive work, more RAM trumps processor speed for the vast majority of users.

3. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

LOL some 2Ghz Core 2 Duo and 2GB ram would be enough.
    The only thing for investing purposes that might be useful is having the option of using many screens, but in this respect all MBP are the same.
    Thus I would get High Res (AG) because you might want to display as much info as possible at once. I would also get an external screen if you don't have a Desktop which I assume as you are going for 15". External screens improve productivity soo much. People don't realize that. You can watch netflix on one and still watch your charts at the same time.