Which 15' MBP should I get?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by EvanEiga, Nov 15, 2016.

1. EvanEiga macrumors regular

Option one: Keep on holding my current 2012 rMBP until Apple drops the price/new gen comes out, which ever comes first.

Option two: Get the entry model 15' MBP with Radeon 460 card, would this be the most efficient config consider that the CPU is only at a little bit lower clock speed

Option three: entry model 15' MBP with Radeon 450, while this is the cheapest way to upgrade, I think the difference between 450 and 460 is very big for only extra 200 bucks.

WWYD? Upgrade CPU? or upgrade graphic card? upgrade both? or upgrade neither and stick with an entry model?

2. tubeexperience macrumors 68030

3. EvanEiga thread starter macrumors regular

My current rMBP is showing its age. It still runs fine on most of the applications I use, but the battery is approaching its end, there are over a dozen of dead pixels, the cosmetic is getting bad (sweaty hands), and it's 5 years old, and it's pretty basic, no apple watch unlock, no touch id, not crazy about the touch bar but it's nice to have.

My current machine serves my day to day usage just fine, but for that 5% of the time where I have a butt load of pics or wanted to do a short video on FCP, it shows its hiccup.

Honestly I don't see the point of spending 3k on this upgrade, 2k maybe, not 3k.

Hence my post, WWYD, upgrade now or later?