Which 17" MBPs can I buy in-store?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by roxnadz, Mar 17, 2011.

1. roxnadz macrumors regular

Planning on buying a 17" quad within 2 weeks' time. The desire is to buy a 2.3 GHz quad with matte screen. Is it possible to get this combination in-store, or am I stuck with BTO due to either of these changes? I plan to do any other upgrades (RAM, disk) myself.

Thanks in advance.

2. Tears Apart macrumors 6502a

Tears Apart

I think that 2.2 -> 2.3 is available only online, but I might be wrong.

3. paulold macrumors 6502

I bought the 2.2 with the glossy screen, with no adjustments. I think it's when you start choosing options like the matte screen or a different hard drive that it turns into a special order.

4. adrian1480 macrumors 6502

2.2 w/glossy.

2.3 w/glossy.

anything else you'll have to order. I found out the hard way.

5. erphan macrumors newbie

I'm not sure about the 17" but I know that they have those specs available on the 15".

6. jwksmith macrumors member

I believe it is store dependent so you should call the store and inquire if they carry the model you want. You can try all the stores within driving distance. You might luck out.

7. cmclaughlan macrumors member

I was told the only way I could get the anti-glare with the 17inch was with the 2.3GHz.
    The store I purchased from only carried 2.2 glossy and 2.3 anti-glare.

So I think the other poster is right, it varies from store to store and you are best checking.

8. Eyeless916 macrumors newbie

it depends on the store. I bought my 15" with the anit-glare screen at my store last year. It's when you get really specific (ssd, ram, etc) its only online i think. I got mine last year with the 2.8ghz i7, the 1680x1050 screen with the anti-glare screen at the arden store here in sacramento.

9. jamesschmidtke macrumors regular

every store i went to had one antiglare config, which was 2.3 ag, 750 5400rpm 4 gig ram
    for 2799

i personally went bto, as I wanted to get the best bang 4 buck. 7200rpm upgrade free and AG and extra 45 bucks (edu discount)

10. nwlight.com macrumors newbie

That's what I got in the store.