Which 2.1 speakers to pair with new iMac?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by kingshrubb, Dec 5, 2009.

1. kingshrubb macrumors regular

kingshrubb

My parents just got rid of their early 90's Dell and bought the new iMac. For the holidays, I was planning on getting them some nice 2.1 speakers to go along with the new Mac. As I sit here and type this now, listening to Kind of Blue, I notice that the speakers sound very nice on this machine. Would it be worth it to buy 2.1 speakers, and if so, which make and model?

I currently have the Harmon Kardon SoundSticks II and am very pleased with the sound quality and all.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref...559928&ie=UTF8&qid=1260026691&rnid=1248877011

Thanks =)

2. chocolate632 macrumors 6502

I've had the Logitech Z2300 for almost a year and i love them. They the best speakers i've owed and they go SOOOO loud and the subwoofer is amazing, you could even put a pair of these in a car if you could wire them correctly. There also THX certified, and sound amazing for any music with a lot of bass, or just plain rock. Also tried them with games and music, believe me, the grenades and gunshots sound amazing and tv shows are more fun to watch. I can't speak for the other speakers on that page, but i just wanted to give you my 0.02 on the logitechs. My only gripe is that the sub is huge, i had to make room for it, so make sure you have enough space if you decided to purchase them. Also the volume control panel is really ugly, i just hid it under my desk:D

3. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

The new iMacs produce a very rich sound thanks to 17W speakers, so if you're looking for an upgrade, you'll need to spend a fair amount of cash for it to be worth it.

4. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid