Which 24" display to use as dual displays?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by MacFanUK, Sep 19, 2009.

1. MacFanUK macrumors 6502a

MacFanUK

I am soon going to be buying a Macbook Pro to replace my hackintosh and return my hackintosh to a well spec'd windows PC with dual monitors (one of which will also be connected to the MBP.

Which monitor should I go for?

I have been using a Samsung SM2333sw and love it. It is a TN panel, but it is perfectly usable for my needs, however, the bezel it quite thick so doesn't work well as a dual display option.

The only key features is that the monitor needs to be 23/24", have 2 inputs, and have a fairly thin bezel.

I need to be able to get both screens for around £250 each.

Thanks

2. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

Are you still milling over this? :D Just messing with you. :p

If you're happy with your Samsung TN display - I would just get two of the cheaper Dells - maybe two from their LED backlit displays.

3. MacFanUK thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacFanUK

Unfortunately, yeah I am still milling over this :p

It's proving to be a very difficult decision. I was originally gonna go with Samsung TN's, then I heard about the new Samsung PVA but have just seen pretty bad reviews about it, so now don't know what to go for. Do you have a model number for the Dell LED screens?

Edit: Have found the Dell G2410 for £228 which seems a bargain.

4. brendon2020 macrumors 6502

very happy with my dell 2407wfp, thinking of getting their 30 in model. Great for gaming and coding.

5. MacFanUK thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacFanUK

Way out of my price range unfortunately. In the UK, the Dell 2408WFP is more expensive than the 24" ACD with HE Discount.

6. Bigabouli macrumors member

If you are willing to go down to 22" the Dell 2209WA is reasonably priced and very nice.