Which 3rd Party Push email service works best with the iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jon-Luke, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Jon-Luke macrumors 6502

Jon-Luke

There are a number of companies offering 3rd Party Push email that can be used on the iPhone, has anyone used any of them and does anyone out there recommend any of the services?

I have tried Mail2Web but became irritated with the forced signature and the fact that all replies could not be addressed with my email address.

I'm not keen to pay an additional amount for this service - I already pay a service provider for my cellphone and another service provider for my email address, I don't want to pay for the privilege of PUSH - and Mobile Me is way to expensive in my opinion.

So any ideas or advice?

2. MajesticNJ macrumors regular

MajesticNJ

I've used 4smartphone.net for years now and while they've had a few issues in the past for the most part the service just works.

Exchange hosting from a reliable provider is not going to be that innexpensive though. I think you should make sure that you can justify the cost of having the full sync solution with exchange.

Me personally? I pay $17.95 a month for mine. That's with 2gigs of storage space. There are cheaper plans with less storage if you're interested.

Oh yeah, one more thing, if you are in need of the ability to speak to someone when you need support, this isn't the place. They do "fairly" well with email support but that's not much of a help when you/they are having a problem. Just an FYI.

Another company that does hosting is Mailstreet but they are really pricey and the last I checked they wanted a minimum of 3 mailboxes.

Fred

3. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Yahoo! has always worked great for me. I just forward all of my mail to that Yahoo address that I created solely for this purpose.

4. shk718 macrumors 65816

i was using mail2web for a long time and loved it - but then they started charging so i gave up. i'm still hoping google will offer exchange support (push) for their email - they just reciently offered it for calendar and contacts - and its rock solid.

common google push me some lovin !!!

5. Tenorsaw macrumors regular

They were selling mobile me accounts on ebay for around $35 right before launch of 3GS. Right now, you can probably find it for around $50 - 60. That's roughly around $5 per month. You also get 20 gigs of online storage.

6. Jon-Luke thread starter macrumors 6502

Jon-Luke

But then after a year you have to pay the $99 p/y which I think is a rip off for what they are providing - I mean Flickr and YouTube are better for posting pictures, there are hundreds of backup sites that offer free online storage, its really just the PUSH mail, calendars and contacts that you are paying for and there are a lot of other sites out there that offer the same for a lot less - granted its not as pretty but thats about $80 per year for pretty...

I'm also hopeful that Google will offer Push mail soon the advisory for switching off mail when setting up their Google Sync even indicates that they are probably working on it...

7. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Nah, just buy another code off of eBay. That should work.