which accessories should I get with mbp

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by purdueR2015, Aug 14, 2016.

1. purdueR2015 macrumors newbie

Thinking of getting a mbp. It would be my first apple laptop. Which of these accessories should I get with it? I don't mind spending the extra money if they are useful but I'm just unsure which are necessary add ons?
    1. Apple USB super drive
    2. Thunderbolt to Ethernet cable
    3. Virus protection? what program? (I know this isn't a selection on the site)

2. T5BRICK macrumors G3

T5BRICK

Do you need an optical drive? If you do, the Apple SuperDrive is one option. There are plenty of others out there.

Do you need to be able to plug into Ethernet? The thunderbolt adapter is probably the fastest option, and I do own one, but I've only used it twice in the year that I've owned it. Honestly I could do without.

I don't run an antivirus on my Mac. Some do. There are free options out there if you want to search.

I'd get a good bag or backpack with a padded pocket for the new MBP.

3. Bending Pixels macrumors 65816

Unless you look at naughty stuff, or frequent the Dark Web, you don't need antivirus.

I have an external DVD drive (not a Superdrive) that gets used maybe once a year.

The Thunderbolt to Ethernet might be the most useful item. I have one...gets used maybe twice a year.