Which accessory - help me decide

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by copydeskcat, Jul 18, 2011.

1. copydeskcat macrumors regular

I have an iPad 1 (32gb) and a 32gb iPhone 4. I'm aiming to spend about $100 on a new accessory or two, but can't decide on what to get.

Apple blutooth keyboard?
    New snazzy iPad case?
    Logitec Bluetooth keyboard?
    IPhone battery extender?

Something else I've missed?

Any tips or suggestions would be good.

CDC

2. Mr.C macrumors 601

Firstly you should only be spending money on accessories if you needs them not because you have money to spend in my opinion.

Secondly only you can decide what accessories will be most useful to you so it's no good asking people on forums in my opinion.

3. jsh1120 macrumors 65816

The Apple Wireless keyboard is a godsend as far as I'm concerned. A somewhat less expensive and in some ways superior bluetooth keyboard is the Microsoft 6000 portable keyboard. Works quite well with the iPad, is ergonomically superior to the Apple and includes a separate 10Key number pad (also bluetooth) all for $45 from Amazon. Keyboard alone is $30.

I assume you mean the combination case/keyboard from Logitech/Zaggmate. Some people like it very much. Others have complaints about overall quality and durability. Try searching this and other forums.

I don't care for it simply because combining the bluetooth keyboard with an iPad case inevitably means the keyboard is reduced in size to the width of the iPad. (The Apple Wireless keyboard, for example, is two inches wider than the iPad in landscape mode.) Thus, for me at least, the Logitech keyboard is simply too cramped to be used comfortably (especially since I use a full size keyboard more frequently and would have trouble adjusting to the small size.)

The problem with the Logitech combo case, by the way, is shared by its several competitors. Any case design that includes an integrated keyboard is going to be small and cramped in comparison even to a keyboard on an 11" laptop.

For me, the combination of the Apple Wireless Keyboard and the Incase Origami Workstation (a case for the AWK that unfolds into an iPad stand) is a far better choice. YMMV.

4. malias4 macrumors 6502a

malias4

if u dont know what to get then u dont need anything. keep the money to pay gas electicity for next month or go on holiday:p
    else sell your iphone 4 and ad the 100e to buy an iphone 5 when its out :apple:

5. jsh1120 macrumors 65816

<chuckle> I happen to be married to someone whose family comes from Holland. And I note you're also from Greece. Given the long-standing views of the Dutch and the recent history of Greece, it doesn't surprise me that you'd recommend this particular course of action. :D

6. zhoulana macrumors member

I will buy IPhone battery extender.
    My iPhone 3GS only can last 5 hours.:(:(:(

7. malias4 macrumors 6502a

malias4

Haha i live in holland but im 100% greek though! ;) im married also with a dutch lady! :p

8. whatwiggles macrumors newbie

Hey copydeskcat, any use for a stylus? Depends on what you get, but they are generally inexpensive and then you can get more than one accessory ;)