which adapter for hp zr24w and mbp?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bleumax, Jul 11, 2010.

1. bleumax macrumors newbie

2. bleumax thread starter macrumors newbie

Just received my ZR24W from Overstock.com. The monitor was misrepresented as new and came shipped without the original box and with missing styrofoam. Clearly it must be a return or reconditioned. Sending it back. Deeply disappointed with this overstock.com experience. This one is going back since I don't want to risk any problems down the road. If you see a ZR24W on sale at overstock.com in the not too distant future, buyer beware.

3. Narse77 macrumors regular

Narse77

Pretty sure EVERYTHING overstock sells is eithier returns that are missing items, refurbs or items that had missing packaging, manuals, etc but were new. I have purchased from them a couple times and the products worked flawlessly. Did you try The monitor?

Also to answer your first question that monitor takes the following inputs

DisplayPort; DVI-D; VGA

So you could use an adapter that did any of those and it would work, but I personally would go with something like this.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10246&cs_id=1024606&p_id=6007&seq=1&format=2

4. bleumax thread starter macrumors newbie

It was advertised as new. This one is going back...though I may try it before it's picked up to verify that I want one.

So, I decided to take a closer look before shipping it back to Overstock. Not only is it clear that someone returned it, but it is definitely damaged - not sure if it was damaged enroute to me because of the shoddy packing job or if it was damaged prior to shipment from Overstock. Anyway, for anyone thinking of buying a monitor from Overstock.com, buyer beware.