Which AdobeVersion to Buy?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mpsc00, Apr 25, 2007.

1. mpsc00 macrumors newbie

Hello to all ye of great wisdom and carriers of profound knowledge!

I'm considering purchasing one bright & shiny new MacBook Pro - actually, I HAVE decided to do so, but I do have a small question :

This concerning Adobe Creative Suite - I'm planning on using Windows on the new hopefully-soon-to-be-released MBP, as I would very much like to use 3d Studio Max. When 3dMax is rendering, I normally use CS (Photoshop, Illustrator etc. depending on the project).

The question regards, whether or not it is sensible/senseless to purchase CS for Mac. The only reason for me to be using windows is to be able to use 3dMax - but I would very much like to be able to use CS and 3dMax simultaneously, and that could present somewhat of a problem, if the CS version is for Mac OS only...

I, of course, is well aware of the fact, that CS is available for windows, but I was thinking, that there would be a breach of the chain of logical thought, if I was to be using a program originally designed for the Mac, ported to windows, on a Mac sporting an imposed windows... If it was possible to use 3dMax in a windows window(!) but still be in OSX, that would be great - even though 3dMax probably would have some issues with that, or? (I have delved a bit into Wine, but as to what I could gather, 3dMax was not entirely satisfied with the arrangement).

To some extent, I'm considering just using windows for all applications, but then there's no point in purchasing an MBP (other than the obvious coolness-factor... But still, it's a lot of money for a 'PC'). I should note, though, that I would really like to own an MBP, and have no intentions on buying yet another PC...!

Hopefully, the above made some sense!

Take care, Cheers...

2. Stratification macrumors regular

You might do some research to see if you could run 3DSMax virtualized and do everything else in OS X. VMWare's solution is supposed to have 3D hardware support, so that might be an option, some research would be needed though.
    http://www.vmware.com/products/beta/fusion/

3. mpsc00 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you very much for your suggestion - I'll look into it!

Cheers...

4. 7on macrumors 601

7on

Can you even run apps of that size side by side in windows:confused:

5. mpsc00 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, I do that regularly... Both at work and at home - even though my home computer is less than adequate for any other purposes than being tossed in a landfill, it still functions fairly well (with a few friendly threats of death and damnation).