Which app do you use to take pictures with your iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nlkccom, Jul 4, 2010.

1. nlkccom macrumors 6502a

I've seen many people able to take fantastic looking pictures using the camera on their iPhone 4. I've tried time and time again, and I find it difficult to get any decent result. Do you guys use the default camera app that came with the phone, or use other apps from the App Store? :confused:

2. FortMOney macrumors member

Default and my pictures have been amazing so far.

3. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

I use the default, and I have to say very impressed about the videos taken tonight with the low light.

4. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

5. Shanewilliams macrumors 6502a

I agree with you 100%! Other then a few test videos I did on launch day in daylight, tonight was the first time I used it with a purpose. I had my doubts at first as it's pretty dark where I live due to being on the outskirts of town(no street lights) but I got some great videos of my 3 year old daughter shooting fireworks! I didn't know that you could cut the flash on while using the video recorder, I thought it was strictly for the camera. Lierally it was almost pitch black I. Some of the areas I was recording at but I ended up with some great video! So, you really shouldn't need anything more then the default camera.

6. finatk macrumors regular

Camera+

a) Nice App in general.

b) 59p!.

c) Handy grid on the view finder for lining up shots.

d) Post processing section within the app, allowing you to choose which images you want to have saved to your camera roll.

7. pault106 macrumors member

+1

8. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Hipstamatic. Also the default Camera app on occasion.

9. babby macrumors member

Camera+ and Default

I like Camera+ but usually end up using the default so I can quickly switch between stills and video.

10. iHero macrumors member

Coming up at £1.19 for me?

11. germanjulian macrumors regular

great results have more to do how you take the picture and how you hold the camera.
    Hold the camera with both hands, put your elbows next to your body and press into your body so you have less hand shake (hold the camera steady basically) especially in low light, you might look funny but it really helps.

Focus on different areas to get the effect aka light conditions you want, this makes a huge difference in sunset shoots (which I do often) and low light shots.

Read up on some "how to take good photos" tutorials on google.

12. Simburgur macrumors newbie

Default.

Will have a look at Camera+ though, sounds good.

13. OlgaJ macrumors 6502

While I like Camera+, it strips the EXIF from the pictures I take. So I continue to use the default app.

14. darngooddesign macrumors G3

I used a combination of ShakeItPhoto and iFlashLight. The former can be set to save the original photo, but unfortunately the latter isn't working 100% on the new phone; I don't know if its os4 or just the iphone, but a lot of times I get file saving errors. It did do a fantastic job of intelligently lightening my photos. Attached is an example of ShakeItPhoto taken with a 3GS. You will want to have an app like PSMobile that lets you crop because SIP automatically crops to the center of the pic.

15. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Mods, sorry about the double post, but you can add an attachment when you edit a post you just made.

PS. Another trick with the stock app is to rest your finger on the button. The pic is taken when you slide it off so it greatly reduces camera shake.

Attached Files:

16. Maui macrumors 6502a

Maui

Excellent tip. Could have used that last night when my kid was playing with the sparklers.

17. germanjulian macrumors regular

you can not focus while pressed though. I keep my finger near the physical button and slide my finger onto the camera shutter after focus and slide it of again. Repeat with different focus a few times

I love the new camera cause using the above way sliding your finger on and of you can take 10 pictures in 7 seconds :)