Which Apple keyboard to buy?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by tman08, Mar 10, 2008.

1. tman08 macrumors member

I searched the forums about this and I couldn't find anything. I am wanting to buy either the wired or wireless keyboard for my MBP. I was wondering if anyone that has or has tried both has any opinions on which is the better buy. There's about a $30 to $40 price difference between the two and I want to know if the wireless is worth it. Thanks :)

2. tuc macrumors 6502

Have you ever been using a wired keyboard and thought to yourself, "this would be more convenient without the cord"? If not, I would recommend the wired one.

The wireless one has no numeric keypad, which could be a good thing if you would like your mouse to be closer to the alphabetic keys. That might be another reason to consider it. On the downside, its batteries must be replaced periodically.

Las year I wrote a blog entry sort of on this topic, but it's a bit out of date now.

3. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

I've had wireless keyboards in the past and love them ... its very convenient to quickly clear more space on your desk when you need it for other things.

However when it came to the current keyboard designs I went for the wired one purely because I found the number pad of more use then having a wireless keyboard.

Shame they didn't include the keypad on the wireless keyboard ... would have bought it in a heartbeat.

4. plumpan macrumors regular

i will be buying a old school apple white wireless keyboard soon :cool: one of my favorite kbs ive used.

5. Ironduke Suspended

Ironduke

without any use of mouse control I cant see the point of the wireless one, except for cable clutter, now apple have brought out multi touch track pads on the MBA and MBP heres hoping apple update the wireless keyboard with a trackpad (although I would prefer a trackball)

6. Beardy man macrumors regular

My keyboard never moves off my desk, and I couldn't live without the full range of function keys and the numeric keypad (page break in Quark or InDesign without using numeric/return anyone?) so no contest for me.

Wired until Apple bring out a FULL wireless, then I might (but only might) reconsider as I appreciate the point about moving the keyboard off the desk when it gets cluttered, maybe once a month. Usually I shovel the paperwork to one side or throw it on the floor :p

7. Antimatter macrumors regular

I was initially planning on purchasing the wireless one. I thought it would be cool to put it in your desk and then whip it out when you wanted to use it. But then I found a good deal on the wired version and plus it has the number pads so I went for it. I love it.

8. tman08 thread starter macrumors member

I just bought the wired one and its perfect. There really was no reason for me to get a wireless one. Its not like I'm going to be typing across the room. Thanks for the opinions guys.