Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alexlovesmacs

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 23, 2008
im soon going to buy a macbook or macbook pro but i dont know which one has the least problems and thats worth it also if i go with the macbook which color is better white or black?

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Black MacBooks run faster than white ones.

Um....honestly, just get the colour you want.

The MBPs have the least problems, but only because the design is old now and they've fixed all the major flaws.

And as I've been here for "awhile", I personally believe the 17" MacBook Pro is the least problematic. It's really a design issue related to how much stuff they try to cram into a small volume of space. A 17" makes the least compromises.

Also, I believe the 17" MBP to be most reliable because you almost never hear of a problem with them here. I know there are fewer 17" MBPs sold than 15" MBPs or MacBooks, but even taking that into account, the 17" MBPs still get far less complaints.

jonswan

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2007
Both MB and MBP have been around a while now so both are very reliable on the whole. I've had both and had few problems with either.

Also, asking us which (black or white) WE prefer is totally irrelevant - you don't ask other people what color car you should get, right?

ZiggyPastorius

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2007
Berklee College of Music
Apples laptops really aren't prone to a bunch of problems..Every computer has a big handful, but I think on the whole, Apple has less than others, or atleast about the same amount. By reading these kinds of forums, you get kind of a wrong idea, because people are coming here to seek help for problems, mainly. Basically, if you need the extra, or just like the form, go for the Macbook Pro :) You'll be glad you made your choice, whichever one you do end up choosing.

Igantius

macrumors 65816
Apr 29, 2007
Further to Abstract's excellent post, Macintouch occasionally does excellent reader surveys.

The last was in August 2996, at that time the 15" MBPs were most likely to need repair - however, this was largely because of a logic board problem, which was fixed by Apple.

Full details are here - http://www.macintouch.com/reliability/macbooks.html - but really, I would go with whichever model you like best.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.