Which Apple Notebook to buy?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Midrussian, May 18, 2014.

1. Midrussian macrumors newbie

My question is which apple notebook should I buy? Right now I have a gaming pc that gets everything I need done but I live in Florida and it gets way to hot in my room as well it is just too bulky. I'm looking at a couple of apple laptops. Firstly eBay has a wide range of sub $800 that I am interested in as well as this refurbished Mac book air
    http://store.apple.com/us/product/F...nch-macbook-air-13ghz-dual-core-intel-core-i5

The things I would need the laptop for is to write school papers, projects, check email and all that great stuff and also edit photos as I enjoy photography.
    Some used macbooks are around 400 and those look quite nice. But I've been with windows my whole life and want to switch over so I don't know that much.

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

That refurb you linked can easily handle the workload you described, assuming you are okay with the 11" screen size and 128GB or storage. Plus you would get a full warranty unlike a used machine.

3. Midrussian thread starter macrumors newbie

I could pay around 50 dollars more and get the 13 inch, that would be better for me. Right now I have a 27inch monitor which I love, but I have an apple store near me and I could try the screen out. I was also looking at the mac minis since their small form factor attracts me.

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

For $50 more, I like the 13" better, but some really like the portability of the 11". It really is a personal preference thing.

5. mad3inch1na macrumors 6502a

You can get a new 11" baseline MBA for 650$ at BestBuy with a student discount right now.

Matt

6. Midrussian thread starter macrumors newbie

7. mad3inch1na macrumors 6502a

All you need is a .edu email address. I'm sure somebody on the buying tips forums would be able to provide one.

Matt

8. Saint.Icon macrumors regular

The 13" also has an SD slot. Something very important if you do even hobbyist photography.

9. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

I have a edu coupon code for you if you're interested in the BestBuy deal.
    I can't seem to PM you though ...

Click "Quick Links" at the top of the page, near the search bar
    Select "Edit Options" under User Control Panel
    Scroll down and under the Private Messaging Section, check Enable Private Messaging

10. AlabamaSlammer macrumors 6502

AlabamaSlammer

I have a .edu address you can use if you like.