Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ILBandit

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 7, 2008
I live about 1 1/2 - 2 hours southwest of Chicago. No plans today, so I was thinking of going up, and hopefully getting my iphone replaced. (The ringer / vibrate button broke off)
It looks like the Orland Park, and possibly Schaumburg locations would be the quickest for me to get into. (Don't really want to go all the way downtown)
Anyone familiar with these locations? is there one that you think would be better to go to over the other?
Or any suggestions of which one would be best to go to today?

Also, do I just make an appointment with the genius bar online, before I take off, to make things go quicker??

DPA

macrumors 65816
I live in a South Suburb of Chicago and mostly go to the Orland Square Apple Retail Store in Orland Park. The Geniuses there are trained exactly the same as the Geniuses in Schaumburg or Oak Brook or any other retail store for that matter. I have had many Geniuses at the Orland Square location and haven't had a bad one. I know many of the employees there and I have found my favorite Genius to be Mike. I don't think you can request though. I hope you have a great trip to the Apple Store!:)

David

ILBandit

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 7, 2008
I live in a South Suburb of Chicago and mostly go to the Orland Square Apple Retail Store in Orland Park. The Geniuses there are trained exactly the same as the Geniuses in Schaumburg or Oak Brook or any other retail store for that matter. I have had many Geniuses at the Orland Square location and haven't had a bad one. I know many of the employees there and I have found my favorite Genius to be Mike. I don't think you can request though. I hope you have a great trip to the Apple Store!:)

David

Been there and back already,,, They were great in there, no questions asked, within about 5 minutes, I had a new iPhone, and was on the way out the door.

I wish all customer service was that good.

And I did have MIKE, :) yeah he is a cool guy, very nice, and didn't mess around with all the formalities. Just checked to see if it had water damage, and got me a new one right away.

I will definitely be going back there again for any future purchases / problems.

P.S. I'm trying to figure out if I got a new, or refurb replacement phone.. The serial numb is 5K903xxxxxx. Does this mean it was built the 3rd week of 2009?

DPA

macrumors 65816
Been there and back already,,, They were great in there, no questions asked, within about 5 minutes, I had a new iPhone, and was on the way out the door.

I wish all customer service was that good.

And I did have MIKE, :) yeah he is a cool guy, very nice, and didn't mess around with all the formalities. Just checked to see if it had water damage, and got me a new one right away.

I will definitely be going back there again for any future purchases / problems.

Glad to hear you got Mike! I really like him (as a Genius of course, nothing creepy:eek:). He doesn't mess around with all the documentation and waste time and that's what's great! I am also glad to hear you got a new and fully functional iPhone! I hope you enjoyed your visit to the Apple Store and sorry about the late reply, I figured you would be back by the time you read this.:(

David

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.