General Which apps are keeping you from upgrading to iOS 7?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bobright, Sep 28, 2013.

1. bobright macrumors 601

I am going back and forth with myself right now, should I just update? Should I not? Is it just me?!?

Arghh there are only really three cydia apps that are keeping me from upgrading, it might not seem like much but for me personally I love them.

Zephyr- I hate HATE using my home button to multitask. Swiping up to close an app and to reveal my switcher bar is just so smooth and works.

CleverPin- This one is extremely useful to me. I like to have my passcode enabled at all times for security purposes. Now, when I am home though where my phone is safe it is annoying having to enter it every few minutes this tweak lets me bypass that when connected to my wifi. I really wish there was an option for this it's sooo convenient. I can turn it off at home but theres no way I'll remember every time I step out to turn it on.

F.lux- I have this app on my iMac and both iPhone and iPad. It's so easy on the eyes. I mean when I disable it at night my phone looks blue, bright and blinding.

I may just end up pulling the trigger on iOS7 since I'll be getting the new iPad and figure I might as well get used to it. I have backed up all my stuff but still. am. hesitant. LOL

2. ntegra macrumors regular

My ipad:
    Xbmc
    Flux

My iphone:
    Flux
    Bitesms
    Clever pin
    Much more, too lazy to list

Flux is a deal breaker for me. The temperature change is so comfortable on my eyes and actually makes my display sexy. People ask what phone I have sometimes lol

Ios7 looks amazing, I mean I can't wait to put it on my ipad but as long as flux is a jb-only app, sorry apple, not upgrading.

3. drummingcraig macrumors 6502a

drummingcraig

4. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Zephyr
    iFile
    iTransmission
    FakeClockUp
    Five Icon Dock
    iCleaner
    SwipeAway
    WiFi Booster
    iBlacklist

5. OutSpoken macrumors 6502a

My iPad - XBMC

My iPhone - I gave it up and updated to iOS 7

6. HenryLong macrumors 6502

HenryLong

on iPhone:
    Five-Column SpringBoard
    Five Icon Dock
    SwipeBack
    iKeywi

on iPad:
    Iconoclasm
    Push for Gmail (thx to Google ;))
    RetinaPad
    FullForce

on all:
    Activator
    Zephyr
    Slide2Kill Pro
    SBProfiles
    CleverPin
    WinterBoard
    iFile
    Gridlock
    Mail Enhancer Pro iOS 6
    ManualCorrect
    iCleaner
    Ipsum
    OpenNotifier
    PushTone
    f.lux
    Software Update Killer :D

...and many other, which make the daily use so much more convenient!

So, at my end - no JB, no iOS7 :)

7. utwarreng macrumors 6502

utwarreng

Why would iBlacklist be one, when you can block calls/texts from certain contacts in iOS 7? Never having used iBlacklist myself, are there additional features it has that the blocking in iOS 7 doesn't offer?

8. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

From what I heard, it has a lot more features (which apple will never include as its too much customization). I have use neither so cant say I'll be right on the extra features it has

9. gSOLO macrumors member

gSOLO

TetherMe. That's the one must have. There are others that I want to keep, but can live without.

10. lukejc1 macrumors 6502

You might be able to upgrade without losing TetherMe.

I had TetherMe installed on my jb iPhone 5. I backed up to my computer, upgraded to iOS 7, restore from the backup of my jailbreak. Tethering is enabled on my stock iOS 7. It works great.

Of course, there is no guarantee that this will work, but it has worked for many people.

11. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

I just saw this in another thread where some people successfully kept ThetherMe after restoring a backup. Of course there's always the chance a backup can bring unwanted junk especially going from one major iOS to another. But that's not a guaranteed side effect to happen so in that sense it's probably safe.

12. HankHowdy macrumors 68040

HankHowdy

Just one. Messages for quick reply.

I will never use a stock iOS if it doesn't have quick reply. It's really ridiculous that an operating system doesn't have this.

13. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

I don't think android has quick reply either?

14. lanceuppercut47 macrumors regular

iOS7 can't block calls well from cold callers for example, it's a little restrictive but with iBlacklist, you can set it so that if you're not in the address book, your call/message isn't getting through. Also for messages, you can block based on keywords, getting people trying to sell you PPIs? Block 'em!

As to answer the original question, for me, f.lux, all day everyday.

15. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

You can also selectively block for just calls or just texts. You can eliminate all calls from caller ID blocked and unknown numbers by checking a box, unlike the stock Apple version which requires you to add a number to contacts in order to then block it. The iOS 7 implementation of blacklisting is inadequate, though it's slightly better than nothing.

So for me, I'll be jailbreaking until Apple incorporates the following:

iBlacklist
    BiteSMS
    f.lux
    AdBlocker (no way they'll EVER do this one)

And a better, more configurable version of SBSettings. The iOS7 setup is a start, but I'm too used to being able to choose the toggles I actually need available.

Those five added to iOS *might* be enough to make me stay stock, but I suspect there's about 15-20 more tweaks that I'd ultimately miss. And don't get me started on the stark white and candy colored UI. I'd need heavy sedation to learn to tolerate that. :p

16. HankHowdy macrumors 68040

HankHowdy

Probably not, but you can use alternative SMS apps and set them as default. Some of those have quick reply.

At least Android allows you to use an all that has that feature.

iOS should have a toggle to have quick reply or not for the messages app. If they are worried that some people would not want that feature.

17. TypeMRT macrumors 6502

That's so tempting. I have AT&T unlimited data so TetherMe is definitely keeping me from upgrading.

18. Nanook, Oct 2, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2013

Nanook macrumors regular

Nanook

Jeez, so many:

Action Menu
    Activator
    biteSMS
    CleanStatus
    f.lux
    Five Icon Dock
    Five Icon Switcher
    FolderCloser
    PasteboardStacker
    PdaNet
    ReturnDismiss
    ShakeToUndo Killer
    StatusBarCustomClock4
    SwipeSelection

There are way more that I use, but probably in and of themselves wouldn't prevent me from upgrading to iOS 7.