Which apps to show off new iPad performance and display

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Acevesx, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Acevesx macrumors regular

Guys what apps would you recommend to download and buy to show off the display and performance of the new iPad?

2. Joe23 macrumors 6502

I've been playing Real Racing HD, which has been updated for the new iPad. It looks incredible and runs very smoothly indeed. Well worth the purchase if you're a fan of racing games.

3. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

Infinity Blade also got updated. There is also a special section on the Appstore where you can find Retina optimized apps.

4. gorskiegangsta macrumors 65816

gorskiegangsta

The new Sky Gamblers game (Air Supremacy) looks stunning. Also, Apple's own apps such as iPhoto, GarageBand, and iMovie look great.

5. Acevesx thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks guys! Just downloaded iPhoto, real racing, and air supremacy! Air supremacy looks stunning

6. jahman macrumors regular

Just show anyone Google Maps and they'll see the benefit of the high resolution screen. You can get so much more information on this screen it's incredible. Google Maps is pre-installed too;).

7. DreamPod macrumors 65816

DreamPod

A different type of game to show off the screen is Flight Control Rocket - its cartoony graphics are so sharp, they look just like cartoons. Doesn't show off the performance, but IMO it does a great job showing off the screen.

8. iosuser macrumors 6502a

I updated Real Racing 2 HD on my new iPad. While it does look very sharp, the frame rate seems to be lower than on the iPad 2 before the app got updated to support the new hi-res screen. That was always my concern ever since the rumors started flying about a 2048x1536 screen in the iPad - how well can a mobile device handle 3D graphics at that insane resolution?

I bought iPhoto on my 4S on the day it came out. It is much more fun to use in the iPad. iPhone + iPad + iPhoto + Photo Stream is probably the top feature of the iOS ecosystem.

Modern Combat 3 also got updated to 2048x1536. On sale right now for 0.99, a giveaway!

I'll probably splurge on Sky Gamblers later on today.

9. taedouni macrumors 65816

Sky gambler has been great. I purchased chaos rings 2 since it supposedly has been updated to take advantage of the new retina display but for some reason it doesn't seem like it to me. (the advertised pictures appear significantly better that what I m experiencing )

10. borgqueenx macrumors 65816

i really hate the infinity blade 2 update for the new iPad. I really dont see any difference with the ipad 2. Real Racing 2 and modern combat 3 however, look amazing with the update :)

11. rdiz17 macrumors member

Modern Combat 3. It's only 99 cents ATM and it is quite a game for a tablet computer. Graphics are pretty nice and all the movement is fluid, just like playing Call of Duty on a console.

12. Bloodraw850 macrumors 6502

Bloodraw850

Have to say RealRacing2 HD, MC3, and my favorite by far is AirSupremacy :D