Which back hardshell case is best?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by AnthonySmith, Mar 9, 2012.

1. AnthonySmith macrumors 6502

AnthonySmith

Hey everyone. I'm currently looking for a Smart Cover compatible back-shell case for the new iPad.

I'm currently looking at these cases:

Marware MicroShell

Case-Mate Barely There

Incipio Smart Feather

One thing I don't like, however, with the Incipio, is the opening at the bottom. I don't like how it doesn't protect the bottom of the iPad completely.

Has anyone had previous experience with these cases with any older generation iPad's?

Also, feel free to suggest different brand hard shell cases.

Thanks.

2. derek1984 macrumors 6502a

I'd like to know this as well. Also, the backcase must have openings for the camera...

I'd prefer rubber so it doesn't slide on surfaces as well

3. Digidesign macrumors 6502

After going through several other cases, I settled on the Switcheasy CoverBuddy for the iPad2.

Great coverage and very slim. The only feature I'd like that it doesn't have is something to secure the smart cover, although, it's nice to be able to easily remove the cover at times.

Can't wait to see their new ipad cases.

4. AnthonySmith thread starter macrumors 6502

AnthonySmith

I ended up ordering the Marware.

Said they had a limited supply, so I wanted to order before they were back ordered. I plan on putting all of my accessories on right out of the box.

I chose the Marware because it looks great, it covers the entire back of the iPad, and it's cheaper than the Case-Mate.

Screen protector and hard shell ordered. Going to Best Buy on Sunday to pick up Black Smart Cover (thanks to my friend who is a Best Buy employee).

5. falcora macrumors 6502

I'm holding out for the Speck Smartshell. It covers the entire back, and it holds the smart cover in place with magnets on the back. That way it doesn't flop around underneath your iPad while you are using it.

The customer service assured me that it will be available for ordering very soon, and you can sign up for email notification when it is.

https://www.speckproducts.com/smartshell-for-ipad-2.html

6. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

I'm holding out for a revised Incase Mag Snap. I have really become addicted to the additional angled position it allows with the SmartCover. This lets me use Noteability without worrying about needing a wrist wrest.

No ETA on a version for the iPad 3rd Gen yet, though. And I hope they incorporate one of those SmartCover "retention hooks" that all the other back makers have as well.

http://goincase.com/blog/2011/07/19/new-for-ipad-2-mag-snap-case/