Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kappaknight

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 5, 2009
Atlanta, GA
I'm trying to get a better experience banking on the go and I was wondering if any of you actually like your bank's iOS app. Are any of them good?

Right now I have Wells Fargo and USAA - but since I'm not military, I can't use the mobile deposit part, which sucks cause there are no USAA branches near me besides for UPS stores.

Looking for recommendations if there are any...

SumYoungGai

macrumors 65816
Jun 11, 2013
SF Bay Area, CA
I'm trying to get a better experience banking on the go and I was wondering if any of you actually like your bank's iOS app. Are any of them good?

Right now I have Wells Fargo and USAA - but since I'm not military, I can't use the mobile deposit part, which sucks cause there are no USAA branches near me besides for UPS stores.

Looking for recommendations if there are any...

Chase Bank works great, but they have yet to update to the iOS 7 style app. Mobile check deposit works as well.

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004

I have only tried a handful (mainly, Bank of America, Chase, CITI), but by far the most pleasant is Simple.

palmerc2

macrumors 68000
Feb 29, 2008
Los Angeles
I use Chase, Wells Fargo, and American Express. I can't speak for the others, but Chase is my favorite.

What I like most is transactions are posted immediately. If I'm at a restaurant, and give the server my card, within 10-15 seconds of the server swiping it I get an instant notification that I've had a charge on my account.

American Express would be my next favorite.

Wells Fargo is my least favorite, can't stand it. It's just a mobile site within an app. Doesn't feel like a native app at all compared to chase and American Express.

emseven

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2013
Simple. I have a few invites if you are serious please PM.

Problem is they went all in on iOS 6 skeuomorphic style.

emseven

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2013
https://www.simple.com

block-card-composed3398321234.jpg

JulianL

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2010
London, UK
It really is one of the worst mobile apps I've seen.

Agreed. Hope you realised I was being sarcastic! I really hate it.

----------

Man, you should really try Halifax app. It would really blow your mind :rolleyes:
Agreed. The Halifax app is hardly worthy of being called an app at all, given it's just a thin veneer over the existing web site.

My vote for best UK banking app is the Natwest one because it's a genuine universal app with proper support for the iPad as well as the iPhone. That's a big plus for me.

AlliFlowers

macrumors 601
Jan 1, 2011
L.A. (Lower Alabama)
You're not being military shouldn't have anything to do with making mobile deposits in your USAA app. Even my daughter, my niece, and my sister-in-law (non prior service) can take pictures of checks to deposit from anywhere.

Are you looking in the right place? USAA was the first bank to offer mobile deposit, and the app is stellar.

tgmn

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2013
Arizona
Simple wins this one. Using that app is a joy and that's a word you should never use when talking about a bank.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
Chase and Capital360 work well.

Mobile deposit, transfers, etc.

Chase Freedom card also has some quartly good 5% cash back incentives. This quarter it's Amazon.com and a huge ton of department stores which is pretty much tits coming up on christmas season!

aDRock1154

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2011
Ohio
The PNC app used to be adequate.. They actually made their icon worse and there's a splash screen that takes a while when you open it.

It's not a terrible app, but it could be a lot better.

Lammercy

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2012
I only have one bank, Chase, so I can only speak for their app but it's really good! Does everything I need and alerts me to any activity on my account. Plus Chase is just a really good bank period.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.