Which battery can I use to replace my current MBP battery?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jayeskreezy, May 5, 2008.

1. jayeskreezy macrumors 65816

I saw on Apple's website that the new battery # is MA348LL/A, but is there any other place I can go to get a battery that'll work with my Macbook Pro? I have a 15" C2D 2.2ghz with 2gb ram purchased in July 07'. Is this the only model # that'll work with mine?

Where is the website that shows you all the batteries that you can use to replace your current one from apple? My batt is dying and only has about a 1hr 45min -2 hour charge now and I'm about to go overseas. I'd like something with close to 4-5 hours now.

Thanks!

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Have you called Apple to replace the battery?

3. jayeskreezy thread starter macrumors 65816

No. I think I've been through too many power cycles (312) to get a free replacement and my battery is 11 months old apparently.

I'd just like to know the model #. Do you think apple will replace it for free?

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

5. anirban macrumors 6502a

anirban

If I recall correctly, Apple warrants the battery for only 1 year, OR 300 cycles- whichever is earlier.

If the OP's battery is over 300 cycles, it may be difficult to get a replacement, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

6. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I didn't know about the cycle count. Then again I've never been asked by Apple to tell them how many cycles a battery has had before replacing it.

7. jayeskreezy thread starter macrumors 65816

hmmm...i'll look into it

8. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

And yes that is the battery should should be getting. Also my advice is to call them rather than going to the store. They won't verify much on the phone and they will send you a new battery overnight, then you return the defective battery.