Which best buy stores are doing 100 deposit for iPad 2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by hcho3, Mar 12, 2011.

1. hcho3 macrumors 68030

No best buy store is taking pre-order here... wtf

Trying to find one in MD. Anyone has any luck pre-ordering iPad 2 at best buy? I called 4 of my local stores and they said no for pre-order today. No one knows the answer...

What is going on!?

2. Capt T macrumors 6502a

Wonder if it is only offered to those that stood in line on Friday?

3. das uber macrumors newbie

Nah. I called multiple stores (in NJ) today and they were all encouraging me to come in and put 100 down. They also said the 100 was fully refundable.

One store said they processed an order of a bunch of these 'pre-orders', so chances are I would have been on one of the subsequent shipments.

Who really knows...

4. marine0816 macrumors 6502a

marine0816

Reserved two one at laurel and one at college park

5. TigerBabe macrumors 6502

If you live in Southern California FYI my Apple store in Sherman Oaks, CA at the Westfield mall says they will get them monday.

6. ibazir macrumors newbie

$100.00 deposit for ipad 2

I was at best buy (foxrun mall) Portsmouth NH today and i was told to put a 100 dollars deposit for I pad 2:)

7. hcho3 thread starter macrumors 68030

When is best buy expecting next shipment? Tuesday? Wednesday? Monday? HOPEFULLY?

8. melman101 macrumors 68030

I have been hearing Tuesday, but I'm really hoping it's tomorrow!

9. jjhsu macrumors newbie

I pre-ordered 1 with Bestbuy on the 13th with $100 down, apparently some Bestbuy reps are not aware of this pre-ordering method, but that was back then. The sales rep said they do not know when the next shipment will be or the number of units they are getting, but I'm number 11 on the waiting list. I hope their next batch is not just 10 units.....

10. omegaphil6 macrumors 6502

fort Myers FL Best Buys are offering the iPad 2 reservation for $100 deposit. Walked in and reserved one yesterday. Seems to be the best bet rather than calling every Walmart, Best Buy, Target and Apple Store in the area, to verify stock, only to have to rush over there doing 120mph down the road only to find that some walk in customer right before you bought the last one. I'm not wasting my iPad money on gas.

The Best Buy here also has about 75 original iPads sitting in their cage. I dont know how they are gonna move all those units unless they price them for like $199 or something.