Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ascender

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 8, 2005
Sorry for posting this, but the search is saying that "bluetooth" can't be found. Which must be a blatant lie!

Anyway, I'm looking to pick up a bluetooth headset for use with the iPhone and was wondering what people's recommendations are?

Is the Apple one any good?

I've also heard good things about the new Jawbone one, is that tech being used in the Apple one?

Thanks

Mike.

tico24

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2007
Eastleigh, UK
I love the apple one.
I don't like the Apple headphones, but the bluetooth one seems to fit slightly differently.

It fits nicely in my ear and won't fall out without encouragement. Its so light that I don't notice its there, and it doesn't block external sound, so you don't go deaf in one ear when you're not using it to make calls.

jont-uk

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2005
I've got a Jawbone and it works really well - v comfortable and clear calls ... can also charge it in the car thanks to its usb charging lead !!

Jon

ascender

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 8, 2005
I have to say the USB charging is a really useful feature I've used on my Jabra quite a lot.

Reviews on the Apple site seem to come out in favour of the Jawbone, but both headsets seem to have their own issues.

mpuck972

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2007
I had the Apple one, and returned it. The fit and for is great, its the actual reception that sucks. If you have the phone in your left pocket, and the headet in your right ear, you get static. The phone and headset need to be on the same side of your body to keep the static to a minimum. When I returned it, the apple nerd asked why, and I told him, He didnt believe me, so we grabbed a customer that had one and asked her. She said she had to make sure to keep them close so she wouldnt get static.

Its defianately not worth $129.

cwedl

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2003
Apple Headset, I ask everyone that calls me who it sounds and they say its great. maybe they fixed all the issues with it, either that or I'm not as fussy as most.

michaelsaxon

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2006
Jawbone. It has great reception, though I had some difficulty in getting an arrangement that makes it secure on my ear. It still suffers in that respect with me. I also don't think it has high enough volume, but then again I don't think the iPhone does either.

zimv20

macrumors 601
Jul 18, 2002
toronto
i picked up the apple one yesterday; it's my first bluetooth headset so i have nothing to compare it to. i like the form factor better than the jawbone, which i thought may snag things in whichever pocket i jam it into.

i made one call w/ it (the apple one) last night, my friend said not only was the reception on his end excellent, but it's the only BT piece he's ever heard that doesn't suck.

leaving the iphone on my desk, i walked out of my office and about 10 feet down the hall until i heard static.

F1Addict

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2007
Jawbone.

I love everything about it. I researched for quite a while before I bought it, and have never looked back. It's incredible.

wkw

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2004
Eugene, OR
I just returned a jawbone to apple store yesterday. Noise cancellation and sound quality were amazing but I couldn't get it to fit comfortably. :( I think I prefer the earbuds anyway. I like hearing the call in both ears. I have an old plantronics bt I can use occasionally as well.

sl1200mk2

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2006
Jawbone... love it! Fit is very good, not perfect, but better than the other two headsets I've had in the past. I wish the volume was louder, but I feel the same about the iphone too. I work in noisy data-centers, so volume and noise cancellation are extremely important.

The noise cancellation on the jawbone is just incredible... When I'm in the middle of a server room people can still tell I'm somewhere with a lot of noise, but it's no big deal and they can still hear me fine. I've switched it off on calls so they can hear the difference and the typical response is, "!@#!%#@ WOW!!".

I got my Jawbone NIB from Ecost.com for $79 and it was the best money I've spent for a headset. I can easily walk 15' away from the phone and still have clear reception. love the look of the Apple unit, since it's so much smaller and I feel like a "Borg" wearing the Jawbone, but quality is worth it.

- Wayne

ascender

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 8, 2005
Sorry, I never noticed the Accessories sub-forum, must have been half asleep when I type the original message.

I picked up a Jawbone today when out and about, thanks for the advice. All I need now is an iPhone :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.