Which Bluetooth Headsets Work with the 5s?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by sneezingdog, Oct 7, 2013.

1. sneezingdog macrumors member

Has any used a bluetooth headset to make and receive calls with an iphone 5s? I have a Plantronics Voyager HD and a Savor 1100, neither of which work with the 5s. I can pair them with the phone, but all I get is a clicking noise when I try to make or receive a call using them. Firmware has been updated. Just wondering what other people are using that actually works. I also have a vtech DS 6671 that will pair but just gives me the same clicking noise.

2. ray6712 macrumors regular

ray6712

I myself use a Motorola elite sliver but in your case I'd either restore the iphone or take it to an Apple store. It should pair with any handset regardless of make.

3. sneezingdog thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. The voyagers and the vtech will pair with the iphone 5s. I can use voice control through the voyagers to dial a call. That's when things go south. All I hear through the voyagers/vtech after dialing is a clicking sound. If I switch the audio source to the iphone speaker, I can hear the call going through, or an answering machine if there is one, or a person if they pick up the call. So I have a good cell connection. It's just that I can't speak through, or hear anything through, the bluetooth headsets. I've deleted the paring and repaired countless time. Done a reinstall on the iphone, updated firmware, etc. Nothing works.

4. ray6712 macrumors regular

ray6712

I would definitely get that checked out at an apple store take the headers with you so you can demonstrate the problem, also take another phone so you can prove the headsets work correctly

5. HelloMikee macrumors 6502a

HelloMikee

My jaybird bluebuds x work great. Even Siri works!

6. deeddawg macrumors 604

Short answer: All bluetooth headsets should work fine with the 5s.

I'm sure there are some exceptions, but your problems suggest a broken phone.

Every bluetooth device I've tried with my 5s works. Jabra 6470, Plantronics GO 2, Motorola HX550, as well as my car.

7. sneezingdog thread starter macrumors member

many thanks