Which bluetooth mouse to buy!!??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by tsiman3, Oct 4, 2008.

1. tsiman3 macrumors newbie

Hey,

I've been reading about bluetooth mouses since to use with my future macbook pro for casual use and some gaming (COD4).

Does anyone know which mouse is better between the bluetooth mighy mouse, Logitech V470, Kensington Si670m, Razer Pro|Click Mobile Notebook Mouse (black). Thanks.:)

2. Me1000 macrumors 68000

Me1000

Well personally I love the mighty mouse, but honestly the wired one is a lot more solid than the wireless one.

The only mouse that I would ever buy to replace my wireless mighty mouse would be the Logitech MX Revolution.

3. tsiman3 thread starter macrumors newbie

Is there a big difference between the wireless and wired mighty mouse for gaming. Is there a noticeable lag?

4. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Not really, unless you play FPS, which is what CoD4 is. Get the wired one. I have heard a lot of reports of how bluetooth lags in FPS games. Wired is much faster than bluetooth. USB 2.0 reaches 400mb/sec and bluetooth, even though I don't know its speed, is much slower.

Only buy the wireless (bluetooth) mighty mouse for better tracking engine, and no cables for convenience. the wired mighty mouse uses optical (red light), but is much faster. the wireless mighty mouse uses laser, but is a little slower. kind of a tradeof.

5. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

word...

Bought one, and am LOVING IT. Got each button set up to do exactly what the frak I want it to do...

6. Jonnyfive macrumors regular

My vote is the mighty mouse!!! I've got it and I think it's great!

7. Me1000 macrumors 68000

Me1000

Well I don't really game, but there is very little lag on the mighty mouse, I dont notice it at all.

What I meant was that the wired one has a tendency not to crap out as much.
    I have 2 wired ones and they have bother worked flawlessly.

I have one wireless one and the scroll ball gets dirty and stops working a lot less frequently than the wired one... Maybe mine is just a fluke, dont get me wrong I would never use a wired MM for my MBP setup, and would prefer a wireless one, but the build quality on the wired one is better in my experience.

8. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

I'm using the wired MM with my MBP and I have to say this is a far better mouse than I first thought. Very solid. The only bad thing is the wire which sometimes gets in the way.

9. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

MM. The worst mouse I've ever laid my hands on. MX Revolution. I was surprised the Apple mouse communicated so poorly with my Apple computer. I mean they had insider advantage!