Which bootloader for OS X and Windows ?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by kollapse, Apr 17, 2012.

1. kollapse macrumors newbie

Hi.
    I have just recently installed a perfectly working dual boot using Bootcamp in OS X. However, to get the last finish, I'd like to get a decent bootloader.

I have already attempted with rEFIt, however that didn't want to boot into Windows for whatsoever reason.
    EasyBCD is simply too ugly.

So... Which do you recommend ?
    Thank you beforehand.

2. SaSaSushi, Apr 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2012

SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

If you're only using Bootcamp Windows and OS X what's wrong with the default Darwin bootloader?

I find it more than sufficient for my needs. I use Bootchamp in OS X to restart to Bootcamp Windows 7 and never really need to access the bootloader anyway.

3. kollapse thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for your reply.
    BootChamp ? Nice, never heard of that.

But you know, it's just awesome when you press the start button and want to enter another OS than your primary without all the hazzle of getting into OS X first or holding down the ALT key for several seconds.
    I'm tempted to try the Chameleon bootloader. However, I haven't heard of anyone using it besides the OSx86 guys, thus I'm not certain it will work as intended. Although, OS X is OS X...

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

FWIW, BootChamp is by MR's own kainjow.

It's a shame that Lion seems to have broken BootPicker as that was a simple, Apple "supported" (at least suggested) method.

B

5. kollapse thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh, and I forgot to tell I'm using Windows 7 x64 and OS X Lion. The Apple-like bootloader seemed otherwise awesome...