Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which brand

• Anker

Votes: 38 45.8%
  • Belkin

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Apple

Votes: 35 42.2%
  • Other

Votes: 6 7.2%

• Total voters

Samtb

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
Which brand do you generally prefer for charging usb-c cables? I want something that will last.

Sheepish-Lord

macrumors 68020
Oct 13, 2021
Anything braided these days. Apple first but if they don’t have the size or connector I need then Belkin.

jb310

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2017
I use Belkin, though I haven't tried Anker.

Apple cables seem to wear out kind of quickly though. 😅

turbineseaplane

macrumors P6
Mar 19, 2008
My favorite cable is an Apple braided one that came with my Magic Trackpad ... and they oddly don't seem to sell on its own

I would argue for braided as a starting point, no matter the brand

turbineseaplane

macrumors P6
Mar 19, 2008
I also like Anker’s charging bricks.

I moved off of those, I have to admit

For some reason their "iQ" or whatever they call the smart charging thing would keep waking up the screens on my devices every so often if they were plugged in and already fully charged.

It drove me insane -- particularly in the middle of the night in a hotel room

I've moved completely to the Apple 30W dual USB-C chargers -- Love them so much

aevan

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2015
Serbia
I use Apple, Belkin and Anker - and like them all, especially braided.

I like the new black braided usb-c cable that comes with Space Black iPad Pros. I also have a really nice 2m Belkin braided cable. My favorite might be the Anker 90-degree one.

One of my favorite charging cables is the Razer one I got with my Basilisk V3 Pro. It is braided and super light and super flexible. Also, I have two Aukey cables that have a small wattage indicator which are really useful.

TechnoMonk

macrumors 68020
Oct 15, 2022
I stick to Apple for USB C/Thunderbolt for cable that is used for data transfer. I don’t mind Anker or Belkin for charging cables in the car.

cateye

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2011
There is zero reason to pay Apple's usurious prices for their incredibly average charging cables. You're paying more for literally no reason. Why give a trillion dollar company even more of your hard-earned money?

The ones you get included in the box, ok, no problem, especially since most of them are now braided—Apple seems to have learned a lesson there. The silicone-jacketed ones are pure garbage, though. So cheap. I just leave them in the box.

The Apple Thunderbolt cables are quality, and pricing tends to be similar across brands because of the complex build and certification requirements, so I'm less likely to take issue there, but even then, at least Anker's fully-certified Thunderbolt cables go on sale often.

cjsuk

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2024
I haven't had to buy any cables. The ones that came with everything have been fine.

(Note I am not a gorilla like some people are)

Reactions: Ericdjensen
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.