Which Browser are you all using??

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by WilliamBos, May 14, 2011.

1. WilliamBos macrumors member

Hi All,

Not sure where to put this, please move if it is not the correct place to ask...

What browser are you all using?? I am Using Firefox/Safari, and want to know if there is another that will display my work (Microsoft exchange outlook) email the same way that IE did??

I am using OSX 10.6.7

Thanks,

Will

2. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

3. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Yep. The sync function between multiple computers is great.

Edit: Unfortunately no, OP. The enhanced Exchange view uses ActiveX, which no other browser (Windows or otherwise) supports besides Internet Explorer.

4. SR20DETDOG macrumors regular

Safari, Firefox and I'll most likely get Chrome soon as well. I mainly use Firefox however.

5. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

Safari does everything I need a browser to do

6. GGJstudios, May 14, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
  7. iLucas macrumors 6502

I use safari most of the time and firefox on occasion.

8. Old Muley macrumors 6502a

Old Muley

I've got all three (safari, chrome & firefox) on my two macs, but I use safari the most. At work on my suck-hole Dell running XP, I use Firefox.

9. gothamciti macrumors newbie

I agree. The Chrome sync function is great. I also like Chrome because it automatically keeps itself up to date. Never bothered by "a newer version is available" messages. Firefox may do this now too... it's been a while since I used it.

I still keep Safari around. I still run across a few websites that don't work in Chrome. Time Warner Cable come to mind.

10. dpminks Guest

I decided to try chrome on my 2007 mac mini, and it is SO much quicker than safari.

Websites load almost immediately. Video streams are better too, especially from BBC iPlayer.

Give chrome a try.

The only problem I have is that it suffers the same auto update problems other users have noted. So when an update it released, I just download and install a new version.

11. mutchy126 macrumors regular

Firefox!

I do all my Online Work on Firefox, I think its the Most Reliable. :)

12. phr0z3n macrumors newbie

phr0z3n

Safari :D.

I wish there was a download statusbar extension for Safari though, that's one thing I miss about Firefox :/.

13. patp Guest

Been a faithful Chrome user. Pages load instantly an is very reliable. It's my everyday browser.

Opera is not bad. Firefox 4 with the right tweaks is fast too. But Chrome seems to satisfy all my needs.

14. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

it does.. Honestly, I don't see a point to have 2 or even 3 browsers installed on the computer...

15. ' r i S e n macrumors regular

Among many other things, an internet browser is purely preference.

I have grown to like Safari after using it simply because it was pre-installed. I have used Firefox before and I prefer Safari at this point.

16. Young Spade macrumors 68020

I used to use Chrome extensively but I just switched to Firefox and have been using that for a week or so now. I love it. In general it's just as fast but I love the extension integration and the bookmark list on the side.

I don't really like it "more" but after about 2 years of Chrome it's just a breath of fresh air.

17. patp Guest

i couldnt get the page zoom to work in FF4. I use the track pad and can pinch to zoom on Chrome. FF doesn't seem to support it.

18. Young Spade macrumors 68020

Yea... sadly I'm using a blackbook so pinch and zoom isn't something I can do anyway :)

19. peanuthead macrumors member

Chrome. I use multiple computers throughout the week, and having the browser/favorites synced is a huge plus.

20. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Firefox, Opera, and with MobileMe Safari, can all do this. I use the sync feature of Opera and Firefox with my iPhone. The Opera application for iPhone is really, really cool.
    There probably is now. Safari has extensions, I have some installed that modify the status bar, but I'm not sure if there's a good download bar extension.

I know there are a half million of these threads and I have already replied in them, but I will stick my nose out for Opera. It's a solid browser, rarely crashes on me, and I am used to many of its features.
    I like that I can move toolbars to anyside of the browser, I have the tabs on the bottom, tools panel on the left side, and I have three search boxes (wikipedia, history, and Find in page) next to the address box.

I think Opera turbo is a really solid feature and improves my browsing experience when I'm on slow networks.

Its tab pinning, window and tab restore, and tab stacking are pretty slick.

And Opera's handling of email and torrents is very convenient, although it seems multiple large torrent downloads can really mess with its performance.

Over all, OP or anyone else who may be considering a new browser, I highly recommend Opera. However, there are some stimpulations, it's not as pretty nor as intuitive as other browser, a lot of the menus are in seemingly random places and there seem to be multiple preference panes that don't all reside in the default Preferences location (command+,). It might put you off at first, but give it a few days, customize to your heart's content, and see if you can adapt to its features like SpeedDial, tab stacking, and bookmarks. I found that I appreciated Opera a lot more when I realized that I didn't need to minimalize the icons on my toolbars despite that being the current browser trend.

21. DiLui007 macrumors newbie

DiLui007

22. RichardBeer macrumors regular

RichardBeer

I am using Firefox 4, I find that eventually I run into issues with Safari and Chrome. With Safari I eventually begin to get a ton of spinning wheels. And with Chrome, upon load up the favourite web site icons take a while to load up and in this time I can't load a web page or anything, and it begins to get annoying.

I wonder if anyone else has had those issues. Therefore I'm on Firefox and haven't had any issues with it yet.

23. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum