• Other

Votes: 1 0.3%

• Total voters

bjb.butler

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 18, 2008
Southern California
I did a search, and the previous thread on this was a little outdated / missing popular browsers... I was just curious as to which browser everyone is using.

Forsaken

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2009
Make the poll multiple choice, please.

and while Firefox 3.6b5 is my established browser, I'm currently testing Chrome to see how good it is

Firefox remains supreme.

jedivulcan

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2007
Chromium Nightlies (Basic Browsing)
WebKit Nightlies + Safari 4 (Java Apps)
Firefox 3.6 Beta (Functionality, Research, Organization)

robj

macrumors regular
Dec 23, 2009
Madrid, Spain
In OSX I use safari 4 for almost everything. Only use firefox when some web is incompatible with safari.

In Windows I mainly use Chrome. And IE for those incompatble webs (like capitalfm radio :mad:)

iMacBoy

macrumors 6502
Dec 24, 2009
My primary browser is Safari because its fast, simple and reliable.

But another browser that is also good is FireFox, it is highly customisable and you can make it look stylish and cool :D

But over all SAFARI FTWWW :}

Mavimao

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2005
Lyon, France
I've been switching a lot these past couple years. I was a huge Camino fan for a long time, but then I switched over to Safari with the 4 Beta due to its speed. I used Safari until I moved to France and Glimmerblocker wouldn't block any of the ads it used to. It became frustrating, so I then moved over to omniweb which is a kick-ass browser but it hardly gets updated and it too became frustrating to work with after a while. I am now using Firefox which, with a few add-ons, allows me so much more freedom.

I've tried Chrome for Mac but it seems too much like a beta. I'll wait for a bit.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
I'm stuck with Internet Explorer at work (and actually amazed at how many major sites it has problems with, including Amazon and the NYT). At home I use Chrome Windows, beta channel, primarily, and Firefox 3.6 beta occasionally.

gaz617

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2009
Chromium man, they actually listen to peoples feedback, their feature requests and implement them. Whilst Chrome for mac is lacking in features Chromium is on a par with its windows equivalent and is incredibly stable. Extensions such as google quick scroll which lets you jump directly to the relevant bits of a Google search result are good

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
You should make it multiple choice.
I use safari on my mac, but firefox when I'm running fedora.

bjb.butler

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 18, 2008
Southern California
In Windows I mainly use Chrome. And IE for those incompatble webs (like capitalfm radio :mad:)
Have you tried the Chrome extension IE Tab?

Make the poll multiple choice, please.
I want to see what browser people are using primarily.

I personally, use Firefox... I am waiting for Chrome to come out of beta / have extension support on OS X before I even consider using another browser.

colourfastt

macrumors 6502a
Apr 7, 2009
I usually have Safari, Flock, Firefox, and Chrome open simultaneously and working on different projects at the same time.

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
Safari is always crashing on me and has trouble rendering pages, and thus has become a waste of my time.

cmhall9

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2009
Summerville
I did a search, and the previous thread on this was a little outdated / missing popular browsers... I was just curious as to which browser everyone is using.

Firefox is the best on Mac and PC.
Safari would be my next choice.
Tried Chrome, hated it. If you go from Firefox to Chrome you end up with a headache.
I've heard of Opera but have never seen it, or heard of anyone using it.
As for Camino, this is the first I've heard of that.

As I was writing this I opened a second window and Google Opera and Camino. Not impressed.

P.S.

I have not used IE (as long as I had a choice) in over 10 years.