Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RedlegsFan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
i just switched from Dolphin to Safari. It's the first time I have exclusively used the defaul browser and I really like it. I have all my bookmarks loaded into it and I have ad block turned on. I really like when you start to scroll on the page it hides the address bar.

What's your favorite and why?

maxsix

Suspended
Jun 28, 2015
Western Hemisphere
I really enjoy Google Chrome.

Sure it uses more resources than some but the features, the UI and the smoothness is well worth it. I especially like that it's cross platform and runs exceptionally well on my Androids, PC, Macs, and IOS devices. All synced together it's my favorite by far.

doboy

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2007
iCab Mobile and Red Browser, mainly for their ability to download. For everything else, I use Safari.

Reactions: AleXXXa

tsang2320

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2014
i just switched from Dolphin to Safari. It's the first time I have exclusively used the defaul browser and I really like it. I have all my bookmarks loaded into it and I have ad block turned on. I really like when you start to scroll on the page it hides the address bar.

What's your favorite and why?

Safari with 1blocker. Love it more with split view in iOS 10.

Techexp2

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2016
Hi,

I use chrome which has the ability to open unlimited tabs and you can save passwords.

azentropy

macrumors 601
Jul 19, 2002
Surprise
Safari 95% of the time, but do use Mercury for certain things. I have an add blocker installed on Safari so for some sites that don't like that I will switch to Mercury rather than toggle it off. Also I like Mercury's incognito mode and that I can also use it to not track and start clean every time I use it.

A little off topic but I've yet to find a browser I really like on my Android Tablets. Biggest reason is that none of them have a bookmarks bar, which I much prefer to any other bookmark managment. Even Mercury which does have a bookmarks bar on iOS doesn't on Android.

iSheep5S

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2013
Scotland
Safari. Because ad blocker, it's smooth and passwords from Mac.

On android I use chrome but wish it had ad blocker. On Windows which I don't have at the moment I use chrome too.

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2015
Safari. Way smoother/faster than mobile Chrome in my experience.

I'd use Safari on the desktop, too, but I'm a web developer and the developer tools in Chrome are way better than Safari's.

Reactions: 5aga
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.