Which BT Headset?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by lexus, Feb 4, 2008.

1. lexus macrumors 68000

lexus

So basically I want to buy a BT headset for my mac, just for Skype/iChat and would like to know which one you guys recommend.

Here is what I thought of so far:

Apple iPhone headset
    Vertu Aerius headset
    Aliph Jawbone headset

So can anyone recommend any or tell me dis/advantages of the ones I listed above.

Thanks,

2. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

Disadvantage is that they're all really expensive, and for just using with your computer I can't believe they're that much better than a $20 headset.

3. blairwillis macrumors regular

I have the Jawbone, and it's outstanding IF you have a lot of environmental noise to filter out. The technology is truly amazing, and I can ride in the car with the music cranked to 11 and the person on the other end of the line can hear me clearly with no interference from the background noise.

If you're just using iChat at home with no added noise, just any Bluetooth headset will be fine. (Consider battery life, though, if you need to use it lots.)

If you want to not worry about having a TV/music on in the background, a bunch of noisy kids running around, or you live next to a demolition derby arena, then go with the Jawbone.

4. eswank macrumors 6502

I actually own the Jawbone for my iPhone but I also use it for my iMac. I can't complain. The noise cancellation is great especially in noisy environments. But like what blairwillis said, if you're just going to use it for iChat or Skype any bluetooth should be fine.

5. lexus thread starter macrumors 68000

lexus

6. eswank macrumors 6502

With the Apple Headset I've heard and read issues about losing is connection and sometimes hard to Sync with the iPhone.

Also, depending each individual's ear size, the ear piece on this headset seems rather large for those with smaller ears. People complaining of it feeling very uncomfortable.

7. linsam macrumors 6502

linsam

Motorola Pure H12 + iPhone

Has anyone here tried the Moto Pure H12 headset yet? I am leaning towards getting it because of the small, compact design. Any input is appreciated! Thanks!

8. lexus thread starter macrumors 68000

lexus

How do I set Skype and iChat to use a bluetooth headset if one is currently on and use the laptops speakers/mic if its not?