Which BT keyboard for iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by lillumultipass, May 22, 2010.

1. lillumultipass macrumors member

Hello,

I do have the BY Apple keyboard for my iMac, but it seems that I have to unpair it each time that I want to use it for the iPad when the two are not far away, which I find a bit annoying.
    Hence, I am looking for another BT keyboard to buy for the iPad, preferably mess expensive than the Apple one. It doesn't have to be small since it is mainly to use at home, since, when I am travelling I will use the Apple one.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

2. Hammie macrumors 65816

Hammie

Doesn't logitech have a Mac version? I would check their site.

3. David.L macrumors newbie

David.L

+5 on logitech, I still have the original mx1000 that I bought years ago... Love the thing : )

Another option, if you need portability, would be the iGo Stowaway. They don't make them any more, but you might be able to score one on ebay or amazon.
    Pic:
    [​IMG]
    It works great with the iPad, or the iPod touch (using a cydia/rocky app for the iPt & iPhone)

Best,
    David

4. vynn macrumors member

The Apple BT keyboard is so good I'd just get a 2nd one.

5. jacoder macrumors member

jacoder

me too. :)

6. lillumultipass thread starter macrumors member

Well, I guess that's what I am going to do in the end, but I was just looking for alternative, possibly cheaper solutions.
    But it is true that their small BT keyboard is quite good!

7. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

The best part about the apple BT keyboard is the green power light. I keep turing it off to see if I can find where the light emanates from. I'd swear there is nothing there. But then I turn it back on and wooshka. There it is :D!

But good luck in the search of another lillumultipass

8. d00m42 macrumors regular

d00m42

Yeah, if you have $150 to blow. If the Apple Keyboard is $70 and the OP wants cheaper, the Dinovo Edge won't cut it.

9. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

I know keyboards are nice but do you really want to lug them around? I already have a Dell Latitude that I have to lug to work every day. When I went from having a desktop to a laptop I was all happy. Soon my laptop case became heavier than my briefcase.

Carrying a keyboard, mouse, number pad, camera, speakers, etc. I bought my iPad to carry less stuff. I carry the iPad in a sleeve with a USB to iPad cable and a strip of rubbery plastic that makes a stand.

I would however like to have the attachment that Steve Jobs had that made him able to put his iPad on the big screen wirelessly.

10. chrisesposito macrumors member

I've got one of these and without the soft-sided case that it comes in it fits quite easily into the external zippered pocket in my M-Edge (Latitude?) iPad case.

11. freedom-input macrumors newbie

Hi Guys

I work on tech support for freedom input .
    We are bringing out a new bluetooth keyboard called the i-Connex.
    this will be aimed at the ipad market and the iphone when the OS4 software gets pushed.
    No drivers will be required to make it run.
    details here: http://www.freedominput.com/freedom-accessories/freedom-i-connex-keyboard
    Now here is the deal..... from NOW until June 15th 2010 we are taking PRE-ORDERS for this item at the following reduced price:

£49.99 sterling ( RRP £59.99 )
    €59.99 euros ( RRP €69.99 )
    $59.99 Dollars ( RRP $69.99)

despatch will take place in the first 2 weeks of July

12. iPadztr macrumors 6502

love to one of these, but darn, they are expensive... :(

13. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

If you want a folding keyboard, you could try the one from Matias. I have one and can vouch that it does work with the iPad, although not every key.

http://www.matias.ca/foldingkeyboard/

Microcenter carries them for $99, but you can get them online for about the same price as the Apple BT keyboard. Note, however, that even folded its bigger than the Apple BT keyboard....although it does include a full numeric keypad. Very responsive keyboard as well.

[​IMG]