Which cable did I not reconnect properly?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by kiwibonga, Jul 13, 2009.

1. kiwibonga macrumors newbie

Ahoy there...

So our Early 2008 MacBook 13" Unibody (aluminum, 2.0Ghz/2x1GB/160GB/SD) got ice tea'd... Aside from the sticky keys, I guess a short circuit made it believe that the lid was always closed even when it actually wasn't...

But that's not really the problem... I spent my weekend cleaning the insides until it looked brand new... And everything went back to normal, except for one thing... "No airport detected" (or something like that)... Basically, I must have put the thing back together about 5 times... Couple of times it wouldn't turn on at all... And the last time around, it worked, but I probably screwed up somewhere because it doesn't detect the wifi card anymore (and bluetooth doesn't work either); odd because I could connect to the internet just fine when the ice tea was in there...

What I was wondering was whether anyone here knows where the wifi/bluetooth "stuff" is located on the logic board, and how it receives power/communicates with the rest of the machine... Which improperly-fitted cable would cause the macbook to believe (both in Windows and Leopard) that there is no wifi card attached?

And if there's no such cable; any idea where I should look for an issue (short circuit or mechanical damage)?

Thanks in advance!

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

IIRC, both "cards" are located in the lid actually...