Which Cable Do I Need?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by cliffrouse11bas, Jan 13, 2006.

  1. cliffrouse11bas macrumors regular

    Oct 25, 2005
    I am going to be getting the new MacBook Pro. I have a samsung LCD that has a VGA connection. Which adapter do I need? I need it to be about 10ft. long. Thanks in advance.
  2. Chundles macrumors G4


    Jul 4, 2005
    You'll get a small dongle that will convert the DVI connecter on the MBP to a VGA connecter. All you'll need to buy is a suitable length VGA cable, you won't need to buy any adapters.
  3. tdhurst macrumors 601


    Dec 27, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Guessing here...

    I would assume that the new MacBook Pros come with a DVI-VGA adapter (powerbooks always have). I believe a standard VGA cable would be fine from there.

    Quick question...why is your monitor ten feet from your computer?
  4. cliffrouse11bas thread starter macrumors regular

    Oct 25, 2005

Share This Page