Which camera would you choose from ebay?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bioxed, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Bioxed macrumors newbie

Bioxed

Buying a new camera for my iPhone 5 since it died all the sudden. There's a guy that sold over a thousand cameras for 2 dollars. Then there are OEM cameras and such. I don't mind paying 10 or 15 dollars but I do mind 30 or 40. Can a 2$ camera really be the same quality as the one in the iPhone already?

2. ielessar macrumors regular

I don't think it'll be the same. It may work, but most likely not the same.

3. thatanonymoususer macrumors regular

thatanonymoususer

Since I replied to another post from you about a replacement case, I'm going to assume that this is another post about the same phone. Since you are now talking about two major parts for the same phone, I would definitely suggest getting a bricked for-parts-only iPhone 5 to do the repairs. Even if the phone is iCloud locked, the back case and camera would still be useable for your phone, and you'll have the comfort of using OEM parts. You could also keep the camera module in the for-parts-only case to lessen the chance of getting dust in the camera module's space between the case and the module.

Also, since you were talking about the outer case, the outer lens is part of the case. In the iPhone 5, the case has a sapphire lens. With third-party cases, you don't have a guarantee of the new case having this protective sapphire lens unless they state otherwise.

4. Hieveryone macrumors 68020

If you don't mind losing two bucks it's worth a shot. Might be good enough.

5. Bioxed thread starter macrumors newbie

Bioxed

True

6. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

It's $2. If he has sold thousands someone hs to hgave written a review. Seems very low risk to me, to be honest.