Which camera?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by TheEpicFilmCo, Jan 6, 2009.

1. TheEpicFilmCo macrumors regular

Hello.
    I am looking for a small waterproof camcorder or camera to film surfing and snowboarding.

I am looking for either a digital camera which can take good quality video and has a waterproof case available for it
    or
    a waterproof digital camera
    or
    a camcorder which can go in a waterproof case

I currently have a Canon 860is digital camera. It can take quite good video and has a waterproof case available for it (wp-dc17). Does anyone know how the 860is compares to other digital cameras in terms of video?

There must be a screen so I can actually see what I'm filming. I don't want one of those little "surf cams" with no screen.

Any recommendations will be most appreciated.

2. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

You have asked about cameras with the same specifications recently before. Many members, including myself, do not enjoy posting the SAME RESPONSE twice and that is what we would be doing if we posted on this thread of yours. I suggest that you take a look at the cameras we have suggested for you before and if you have further questions post on a thread that corresponds to that camera.;)

David

3. TheEpicFilmCo thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, I'm sorry, it's just that know-one was replying to my previous thread.

4. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

No worries man, just it's annoying when there's a bazillion of the same threads posted around the same time about the same topic!:eek: I think there was some valuable information posted on your other threads. Any other questions should be posted on those threads you started.

Regards,
    David

5. TheEpicFilmCo thread starter macrumors regular

6. Courtaj macrumors 6502a

Courtaj

Not good advice, I'm afraid. From the Forum Rules (http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:Forum_Rules):

11. Bumps. Posts that bring a thread to the top of the New Posts list but add no content to the thread (bumps) are not permitted. This applies not only to posts that say "bump" but to those with the intent to bump.​

Cheers,
    Forum Rule Nazi.

7. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

Oh. Sorry I have read the forum rules and apparently missed that.:eek: Thanks for the vital advice Andrew! I have removed the bad advice from my post.

David

8. mactalk1 macrumors newbie

camcorder for Mac G5

Hi, I'm looking for a camcorder that is compatible with a power Mac G5
    2 GHz, 512KB,memory 1GB, for around $1,000.00. Should I buy an HD camcorder that uses tape or memory card?