Which carrier should I use?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by skippyho, Mar 29, 2011.

1. skippyho macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,

I am moving to Boston area this month and have an unlocked iPhone 4 with me(from my home country). I was wondering which mobile carrier is better for my iPhone 4?

I googled and found tons of people complained about AT&T having terrible signal. But I also found that T-mobile only provides EDGE, that is too slow for my iPhone.... It seems the only choice is AT&T.

Would anyone please give some advices? Thanks in advance!!:)

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

AT&T is pretty solid in Boston and has nice and fast 3G.
    I wouldnt bother with Tmobile.

3. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

If your choices are between TMobile and AT&T, go with AT&T. You wouldn't like any smart phone that was only capable of Edge speeds, especially an iPhone.

4. skippyho thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks to Applejuiced and jamesMB!

I checked AT&T website, but got a little confused. Do I still have to sign a 2-year contract for all their individual plans? (even if I don't need a new phone)

Thanks a lot.

5. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

I've actually never heard of someone going month-to-month service with AT&T when starting a new account with them. Good question. Anyone know?

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You can use prepaid if you want.
    Or go month to month but make sure they dont make you sign a 2 year contract. Speak to a manager to setup your account that way.

7. moonbeemer macrumors newbie

Phone Carrier That Works

Greetings ... well I can't speak for Boston but here in NYC I have tried them all and only Verizon delivers reliable service. There are just a few drop out zones that I personally know of and ironically one of them is right outside and behind my apartment building. But it works and I've travelled all over the country and never had a problem.

EXCEPT WITH ROADRUNNER!!!! If you use Roadrunner for your ISP, then you are truly screwed big time. We in NYC don't have a choice. And it is a scandal.