Which carrier to choose?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Luis Ortega, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Luis Ortega macrumors 6502a

I have an iphone 6+ in the UK and am going to Florida next week and would like to get a 1 month service that includes 3G or 4G data speeds, minutes and texts. My main concern is coverage quality.
    The last time I was in Florida, I bought a cheap handset and a plan from t mobile and my son had the same from at&t but the coverage was rubbish and you could barely hear anyone on the phone or find a good connection.
    Maybe it was the handset, but we had different phones and different carriers and both were pure crap.
    Should I expect better performance if I use my iphone?
    Also, can anyone suggest a carrier or sim card deal that I can pop into my iphone for 1 month service while I am there? I will be mainly around Miami/Miami Beach and also in Tampa for a few days.
    Thanks for any advice.

2. RCRod83 macrumors regular

RCRod83

I live in Miami and AT&T is the solid provider down here and all throughout Florida. I never have any issues with coverage, always 4 or 5 bars on my iPhone. I recommend AT&T.

3. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Probably the handset. Both T-Mo and AT&T should have given you great quality in the major areas you visited. I'd go that same route again with your own phones if they're unlocked.

4. Luis Ortega thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks. I also heard that AT&T was ok so maybe it was due to the handset I was using.

5. mactactic macrumors regular

mactactic

Cricket , uses at&t towers 60 $ prepaid 10 gbs of data unlimited talk/text per month
    Best Deal in US

6. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

If you can find a WalMart around the area, you can pick up the T-Mobile $30 pre-paid that includes unlimited data and text with 100 minutes of talk.

7. Luis Ortega thread starter macrumors 6502a

Are the Cricket and t mobile deals for a handset or a sim card?
    I had miserable luck using a cheap handset the last time I was in Florida with at&t and t mobile.

8. CEmajr macrumors 601

You can go to a T-Mobile store and grab a sim card for to use for the month for like $30 or something. They should be fine in the areas you're going to.

9. geoff5093 macrumors 68000

geoff5093

Just the SIM card. The T-Mobile 100 minute, unlimited text, and 5GB of LTE data for $30 is likely the best deal if you don't talk a lot.