Which Carrier to utilize for new iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mom333, Sep 27, 2011.

1. mom333 macrumors regular

I've been hanging on to my iPhone 3GS with AT&T in anticipation of the new iPhone. I'm thrilled that it's look promising for a new iPhone for me next month.

I live in upstate NY and we camp a lot up in the Adirondacks and Verizon has a tower up there and AT&T does not. This made me want to switch carriers. I *almost* went to Verizon with the iPhone 4, but thought it silly to buy a phone that would surely soon be outdated (expected a new phone in summer, but early fall isn't too far off.) My husband gets a lot of dropped calls and bad reception on his iPhone 3GS (and all previous AT&T phones) at work too - another reason we were thinking of switching.

On the plus side, we enjoy being able to talk on the phone while surfing, which only AT&T offers, not Verizon. That isn't expected to change, correct? Although this is a nice perk of AT&T, it's not critical in my book. I have had AT&T my entire cellphone life (well previously it was Cingular). I have never used Verizon, so I'm a bit leary to leave. How much better is the reception really going to be? Is it worth the extra cost (plan costs are higher than what we pay at AT&T). I willingly took the tiered data plan at AT&T, wish I didn't but such is life. So that isn't a factor really - will have to do a tiered plan at either company.

Here's the worst part, :( which I didn't think through until just recently - I had preordered my iPhone 3GS and that was the BEST way to get it. I wouldn't be able to preorder this new phone though Verizon, because I'm not a current customer, however, I would be able to preorder through AT&T. I did wonder if I went and became a VZ customer and purchased the iPhone 4s this month, would they let me pre-order the new iPhones and trade in my 4s when they arrived? I wonder if that is an option. I had a new iPhone 3 and because I just "just" purchased it when the iPhone 3GS came out, I was able to trade them.

I don't know what to do! Any feedback is welcome. Thank you.:)

2. vistadude macrumors 65816

Choose the carrier which gives the best reception and pay the extra money to have service.

If the next iphone has LTE, it should be able to handle data during phone calls on either network.

3. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Most likely AT&T. Doubt that next iPhone will be LTE.

4. Awjvail macrumors 6502

If you're unsatisfied with AT&T, leave. Simple as that. It can't get any worse.

BTW, was it *really* necessary to write your entire post in Comic Sans?

[​IMG]

5. mom333 thread starter macrumors regular

BTW, was it *really* necessary to put that fugly image in your post? It's font for crying out loud - get over it!